Job Category: Internship/Internet/Design/SEO
Job Type: Remote
Deadline: 25 November 2017
The Senior Content Specialist is responsible for the development and implementation of content marketing initiatives. They lead the collection, production, and editing of website material to maintain and improve the quality of information provided for web property visitors.
They will work closely with the Marketing Strategy Director to develop content plans, high-quality engaging content. They will also work closely with the Senior SEO Specialist and Senior Social Media Specialist in development and implementation processes.
For the right candidate, there will be growth opportunities to build out their own team, who will help facilitate the following duties of the Senior Content Specialist position. Upon successful performance, this position has the opportunity to mentor entry-mid level specialists and strategists and act as a team lead to the Content department.
- Oversees and manages the execution and monitoring of content plans
- Provides thought-leadership and identifies opportunities, best-practices, tools and trends in the content marketing and publishing space
- Helps write, curate, and plan content that is engaging, relevant, and user-friendly
- Drives high-quality and relevant traffic on various web properties
- Conducts content audits of existing web properties and competitor sites
- Measures results from content marketing efforts using optimization and creative tools such as heat mapping software, Google Webmaster tools, Canva, etc.
- Leverages blogs, outreach, influencers, and guest posting to push content
- Uses analytics software (such as Google Analytics, BuzzSumo, SEMrush, AHREFs) to identify content opportunities and areas for improvement that align with strategic goals
- Student of Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or other related field (or equivalent experience)
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in a Content Marketing or related position
- Interest in new optimization techniques and a desire for constant experimentation
- Must have strong written communication skills – attention to detail is a must
- WordPress or other CMS experience required
- Guest-posting, freelance, and blogger outreach experience is a plus
- Experience with high-traffic websites preferred
- Some web design, basic coding skills (HTML5, CSS), and demonstrated understanding of UX is preferred
- Team player with excellent interpersonal / collaboration skills
Competencies and Attributes:
- Positive attitude (and a healthy sense of humor)
- Drive for results
- Written communication
- Eager to learn
- Priority setting
- Time management
- Learning on the fly
- Passionate about digital marketing / content writing
We take pride in every partnership we facilitate.
All questions and resume please send to info[at]cozzy.org.