Nowadays, most people prefer latex mattresses to their memory foam counterparts since they are more comfortable and long-lasting as well. When shopping for the best latex mattress, it’s recommendable to try different configurations from various brands before settling on any particular product.
Are you feeling spoilt for choice?
Most manufacturers offer trial periods, whereby customers can sample their products for free and then return without any charges incurred on them. Use this opportunity to test different mattresses and decide which one works best for you.
Latex mattresses have a unique temperature regulation system that ensures sleepers stay cool throughout the night, even if they are in a hot and humid environment. This product also comes in varying thickness levels for customers to choose from depending on their sleeping needs, for instance, heavy people may require a thicker mattress than lightly built individuals.
Additionally, there are products that may feature more than one material blended together for extra coziness.
For example, a mattress may have a top layer of Soft Talalay Latex and base layer of Medium Dunlop Latex. This combo provides pressure-relieving softness with firm support for the spinal area. It’s comfortable for all body types and also makes a standard choice for guest beds, as well as adaptable configuration for growing kids.
Furthermore, sometimes the layers can be interchanged/reversed for a much firmer feel. Talalay has also been scientifically proven to ease shoulder and hip stiffness, further relieving chronic back pain.
Worry no more as below is a list of some of the most popular latex mattresses on the market today for your choosing.
Tuft & Needle Mattress
But Tuft & Needle Mattress has flipped that narrative by introducing a top-rated mattress at less than a half of what other competitor models are charging.
Want to know what makes it different?
The product was born out of real change, and not pretend innovation. That’s why they charge it affordable so that everyone can have a piece of their own. Though made in the US, Tuff and Needle is only exclusively available online. Once ordered the mattress ships directly to your doorstep.
- It’s not too soft neither too hard but just the perfect texture. Tuff and Needle has a universal comfort range that’s been fine-tuned to adequately distribute your body weight.
- Has pressure relief function that works just as fine as memory foam, but still sleeps cooler than both memory foam and latex.
- Localized motion to prevent disturbing your spouse when sleeping at night
- 100 days free-trial offer.
Now picture this!
Unlike other products, it has superior foam that offers enhanced support and allows Tuff and Needle to retain its shape even after extended periods of use.
- Foam hybrid consisting of cooling gel wrapped in-between the foam layers provides greater quality and comfort.
- The mattress is easy to unroll and put up. You only need to remove the plastic covering so that it poofs to its full size of 10 inches.
- There’s no 'sink feeling’ to the foam as it’s of perfect firmness in relation to its pliability
- Has no motion transfer. You can sleep with your spouse side to side without noticing them moving or getting in/out of the bed during the night. This makes for a nice comfy sleep if your partner fidgets often while napping, it literally muffles out movements.
- Made from scratch with help from the world’s leading scientists
- Has gel and graphite components that promote coolness
- Evenly disperses pressure throughout the surface to prevent rolling from one side to another to find a comfortable spot. Imagine this! It does not radiate heat during the summer months like other mattresses.
- Alleviates pressure from the hips so that you can sleep without worrying about muscle aches and spasms in the morning.
- Comes with an instruction manual. Tuft & Needle is sold in a large box with basic instructions for unwrapping and setting it up. The mattress comes in a compressed box and when unwrapped, it only takes 1hr to expand fully.
- The product has received more than 6000 reviews on Amazon, with an average score of 4.5 stars.
- It keeps sleepers well insulated but cool during the night. What’s more! The mattress can also make a great bed for your spare bedroom, it’s soft on top but firm when compressed.
- The edge seems to be a little bit mushy, making it uncomfortable for those who often sit on the sides after waking up.
- Similarly, there’s no ridge at the frame of the bed like other conventional beds. This means you may end up having bruises/cuts on the back of your legs since basic protection is lacking.
- The mattress is short in build and you may need to install a taller bed frame for it to be supported on your bed adequately.
- It’s not advisable to jump onto the mattress straight like a board, the way you’ll normally do on a spring model, this can cause injury.
Tuft & Needle Mattress
Video about Tuft & Needle Mattress
Dreamfoam Bedding Queen Dreams Latex Mattress
Brooklyn Bedding manufacturers recognize that sleeping is a psychological process as much as it’s physical. Therefore, they have made Dreamfoam to be ergonomically suited for the human body in a way that it reduces strain and backache.
Are you ready to learn more?
- Has 3-inches of Talalay Latex foam that perfectly changes shape to the user’s body contours for remarkable, musculoskeletal support and pressure release.
- The top Quilted Bamboo cover is made from 100% biodegradable fiber, with an additional layer of 1.5 inches ultra-soft reflex foam. This material is softer than cotton, though with 4x the moisture absorbency capacity of cotton for a less humid, cooler and more comfortable sleep.
- It has 5.5 inches of thick convoluted base foam that offers increased flow of air and conformability. The material alleviates pressure from the back and neck regions, hence preventing blockage of capillaries that may otherwise make an individual toss and turn at night. This property also helps transport oxygen and essential nutrients to your muscles, so that you can wake up feeling recharged and invigorated.
- The Talalay latex material is hypoallergenic and breathable, making it suitable for allergy sufferers.
Dreamfoam Bedding is a must-buy for those who want a luxurious and durable mattress with enhanced features. It has improved breathability, moisture resistant functions and superior pressure relief which helps in distributing oxygen and nutrients throughout the muscles.
The mattress can last for more than 1yr without having any issues of burst seams or other related problems, it’s also very simple to order online.
If this isn’t what you’re looking for, then what else could be better?
- Firm and comfortable texture. The mattress is solid in built but very comfy to sleep on, even those who weigh as much as 250lbs shall be supported easily.
- Beautiful look. It doesn’t resemble any other typical bed but has its own unique design.
- The manufacturers offer 2 options for ordering depending on your comfort level, buyers can also choose a preferred comfort grade from the available list.
- Great customer support. All Dreamfoam mattresses are custom-made and built to order. Moreover, as an added advantage Brooklyn Bedding often contacts buyers before an order is made, so as to determine what kind of firmness they want.
- For customers interested in the Ask Chuck comfort grade, Brooklyn Bedding can send you an email message to help determine the most appropriate firmness level. They are also ready to answer any questions you have through email or phone call.
- The product is well packaged, easy to setup and finely upholstered. The bamboo covering is also a great temperature regulator, it’s neither too hot nor too cold.
- Very affordable. The price is roughly half that of other ultra-plush comfort level mattresses in the same category. And just imagine shipping is always done to Amazon’s highest possible standards.
- The mattress may sink on one side after a short period of use. The anomaly is quite noticeable and can only be prevented by moving from one corner of the bed to another, or frequently rotating the mattress as per manufacturer instructions.
- Poor stitching. At first glance, the stitching looks wavy and incoherent, rather than in a single straight line.
- Some thickness levels are not comfortable. Basically, there’s a scale of 1-10 where you can choose the rigidity of your mattress. The higher levels can be too solid for comfort, sometimes you can’t even sit on the sides without risking a fall off.
back to menu ↑ Always air your new latex mattress to allow the initial off-gassing to dissipate .
Always air your new latex mattress to allow the initial off-gassing to dissipate .
Eco Terra 11'' Luxury Latex Mattress
Now that your attention is grasped!
The single coils found underneath act as a solid network of support, providing necessary lift to keep the spine in ample alignment, without any feeling of excess density often experienced in foam mattresses.
Generally, Eco Terra provides a delightful sleep system that enhances REM rest, thereby making each night a chance to enjoy deep, restorative sleep for a productive day ahead.
- Made from 100% Natural Latex Foam
It has scientifically been proven that Latex foam provides the most relaxing sleep in nature. With eco terra mattress, each layer of material has been designed to offer maximum pressure relief. Manufacturers only use the finest and purest form of natural latex with no artificial fillers or blends whatsoever. The Latex Foam is also fully hypoallergenic.
- The Cover Consists of GOTS-Certified Organic Cotton
The product’s outer cover is made with ultra-soft organic cotton, thereby eliminating the chemicals and harsh dyes that normally cause irritation. This soft and breathable natural cotton makes the perfect cover for a nice restful sleep. It also features a stylish pinstripe design that further adds to its beauty.
- Has Special Fabric-Encased Coils
The individually wrapped coils provide enhanced support to respond to your body’s contours. Can I be totally frank with you? This unique calibration reduces motion transfer, while also preventing users from rolling around during the night. It’s 26% more long-lasting than foam.
So here’s the deal!
Eco Terra is a high quality, well-constructed and supportive mattress that’s definitely a better alternative to memory foam mattresses. To tell you the truth, apart from being affordable the product is also made from organic materials that don’t cause any pollution to the environment.
Not to mention that it’s very durable and can last for up to 10yrs without losing its form. It can be concluded that this is a comfortable, all-natural and well-balanced mattress that’s ample for a good night sleep.
- Produces no chemical off-gassing or odors
- The material is resistant to dust mites and antimicrobial
- Has no harsh or irritating components
- The mattress is handcrafted in-house and directly shipped to the buyer, this reduces its overall cost as there are no expensive commissions, overpriced packaging or showroom expenses. Instead, customers get what matters most and that is exceptional comfort and affordability.
- The Twin XL mattress has a firmness level of Medium which is perfect for most sleepers
- Fabric-enclosed coils provide minimized motion disturbance, this reduces commotion when a spouse is moving.
- Shipment is fast and the product arrives in perfect condition. It comes packed tightly and quickly takes shape when removed from the box, the mattress also has no chemical smell whatsoever.
- It can support big individuals weighing as much as 325lbs, including side sleepers who’ll have no problems at all lying on it.
- It’s durable and can last for 7-10yrs without losing its comfort. Additionally, the organic latex and spring combo material is not too springy nor too squishy but rather the perfect feel.
- The mattress is very comfortable and users won’t get any numb spots.
- Some people say it’s a little bit too solid for side sleepers. After an hour or so pressure may start to build up around the hip region, making one to roll frequently from side to side.
- The mattress has some aspects of polyurethane, despite being sold as an eco-friendly product. Polyurethane smell can be overpowering to some individuals.
back to menu ↑ Acquire the right supportive bed frame to ensure that your latex mattress stays longer.
Acquire the right supportive bed frame to ensure that your latex mattress stays longer.
LUCID 10 Inch Latex Foam Mattress
Eager to learn more? Well, here we go.
It readily supports the body’s pressure points so as to relieve pains and discomfort. Furthermore, Latex has a rapid loft recovery system that allows it not to lose its form easily and will adjust to your movements without leaving any indentations behind. The latex has properly been aerated to promote air flow, thus helping you to sleep much cooler.
- Ventilated for enhanced breathability. The modern ventilation design helps to boost airflow through the latex foam material, this makes for a more comfy sleeping environment.
- Has a soft and breathable cover. Contains a Tencel blend fabric cover that improves breathability and moisture retention, something that creates a comfortable air layer on the mattress surface for better sleep.
- Latex support. The natural latex foam offers a sturdy feel and supportive function. Compared to traditional 'sink’ style memory foam, latex offers a little bit more 'pushback.’
- It’s shipped well-packaged and compressed. All LUCID mattresses are densely compressed, rolled and shipped in easy-to-manage boxes for effortless shipping and setup.
- Backed by a comprehensive warranty. The product is made from high-quality materials, with great care from the manufacturers. The high-grade construction and performance of this item is what has earned it the complete warranty accompanying it.
- Since the mattress is shipped directly from the makers without any heavy retail markup or other third-party costs, they offer great quality at a reduced price.
- Certified by CertiPUR-US for safety. Following independent testing from CertiPUR-US, the foam material in this mattress has been approved for safety, performance, indoor air quality, and eco-friendly stewardship.
- The latex is temperature-neutral meaning it won’t trap body heat easily, it’s, therefore, safe for you and the surrounding environment as well. It’s also naturally resistant to dust mites and allergens.
- Conveniently shipped for easy setup. Manufacturers are dedicated to giving you a great delivery experience, all items are shipped vacuum packed so that your mattress can be easy to transport and put up.
- The mattress comes with a 25yr cover plan that protects against manufacturer defects and other unforeseen risks.
- Firm and sturdily built. It has a layer of latex that provides firmness and allows just for enough top level softness, this permits you to settle in comfortably while sleeping. You can also lay down on your side easily since there’s enough firmness to protect you from sinking down too much into the mattress.
- LUCID is attractive in look and plush, the mattress cover is also soft, well-made and very durable.
- For the price, it offers great bang for a buck and is far much better than coil spring mattresses in the same category. There are no springs to poke through the latex layer which is amazingly comfortable.
- The mattress is large and can easily support tall people measuring as much as 6ft.
- It releases a chemical odor that smells toxic
- Though sold as a 10-inch latex foam mattress, it’s actually 3'' Latex topper and 7’’ Poly-foam.
- Some people don’t like the shape which they say is not flat and has an uneven surface.
- Poor customer service. Helpdesk claims that placing your mattress on a wooden frame nullifies their warranty.
- Some users say it sags and becomes an unsupported foam after a short period of use.
Sunrising Bedding 8 Inch Natural Latex Mattress
So, what makes it different?
It has passageways that promote better aeration and resilient foam material that contours your body shape for optimal spinal alignment. Furthermore, the product is hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant.
- Consists of an upgraded coil spring that offers stronger support that prevents the mattress from sagging or sinking
- Made from high-quality natural latex that adds bounce and elasticity to the mattress
- Cool sleep surface that is ever fresh and heat resistant.
Now here’s what you should know!
Most people agree that this a comfortable mattress that lasts for long without any damages or indentations. It’s also quite easy to unpack from the wrapper and plumps into shape very quickly.
Without mincing words, there’s no doubt that Sunrising Bedding 8 Inch Natural Latex Mattress is one of the finest brands available in the market today. It comes with all features that you would ever want on a mattress. In fact, you won’t need to purchase a bed after acquiring this mattress!
- The mattress does not emit chemical off-gassing or strong odors when unpacked
- Comes with a 120-night trial period from the manufacturers. This means that you can test the mattress for three months to confirm if it suits your preferences. Otherwise, you may request a refund if it falls short of expectations.
- Conveniently compressed for shipping and it gradually gains 98% of its volume immediately after unpacking. The mattress decompresses fully after 48 hours
- Consists of organic latex that keeps dust mites and mold at bay.
- CertiPUR-US approved, meaning that it does not contain any harmful chemicals, toxins, heavy metals, odors or allergens.
- The mattress quickly responds to your body movements thanks to the coil springs located strategically inside the mattress. The springs help remove pressures points and alleviate any orthopedic problems.
- Comes with a 20-year warranty
- This mattress is extremely affordable with great features that offer good value for money.
- Some customers have reported that this mattress does not offer enough support as described
- The mattress is very firm and this reduces the level of comfort
GhostBed 11-Inch King Latex & Gel Memory Foam Luxury Mattress
Moreover, its naturally responsive, comfy latex foam cover provides the ideal amount of surface softness, whereas a layer of proprietary gel memory foam helps in regulating sleep temperature. Additionally, the high-density bottom foam layer provides increased support for a good night sleep.
Now that you are interested, this 11'' mattress comes with a detachable plush cover that disperses away humidity and heat, thus keeping you cool all through the night.
- Has a posh removable cover to wick away moisture
This mattress has an attractive removable cover made from quality fabrics like viscose and polyester, which add to its plush feel. The ultra-soft washable cover helps to keep you cool and relaxed throughout the night by dissipating away excess heat and moisture produced by the body.
- The naturally responsive latex foam cover reduces pressure
It has 1.5 inches of responsive, high-grade latex that diminishes pressure on the surface without retaining any body heat. This continuously aerated rubber foam layer offers ideal surface softness for total comfort and relaxing sleep.
- Super-dense base foam for optimal ergonomic support
GhostBed features an ultra-dense layer that offers increased support and robustness, it’s designed to provide enhanced comfort and support for all types of sleepers. The foam layer provides ample spinal alignment without compromising on comfort. On average, the mattress is about 1'' thicker than other typical mattresses in the market. Hence giving users more comfort, enhanced support, greater resiliency, and longevity.
- Comes in a vacuum-sealed wrapper for easy shipping
The mattress has a vacuum-sealed packaging that provides optimal hygiene, and so that it can fit in a smaller box for delivery. Let me tell you a secret! Before any use, always allow the product to expand for a few hours or days till it reaches full length, and acclimatizes to your home’s temperature.
- Gel memory foam controls sleeping temperature
It has scientifically been proven that heat can inhibit you from enjoying a good night’s sleep. To solve this problem, GhostBed has been designed with features that help to keep you cool during sleep. The 2-inch gel memory foam layer has 100% pressure-relieving properties infused with gel beads. This material absorbs heat which helps to keep your sleeping temperatures moderate for a revitalizing sleep.
Here’s the final deal!
GhostBed is a reliable mattress that offers extraordinary comfort and support to the sleeper. It has layers of high-density foam to ensure the material does not sag even after long periods of use, including a latex cover that regulates both moisture and heat levels.
- 4 lbs. of gel infused memory foam reduces excess pressure while also minimizing nighttime movement.
- This mattress is made in the U.S and has a 20yr warranty cover from the manufacturers, its high styled smooth top cover further features a quilted side and zipper that offers easy removal and care. Likewise, the 7.5'' of the ultra-dense core provides the ideal balance between comfort, support, and durability.
- 100 days free trial. Buyers can test this mattress for the first 100 days after purchase, with the option of returning it if their needs are not met. However, this offer only applies to those buying it from Amazon.
- Has a GhostBed matching foundation that’s sold separately.
- Premium latex material naturally conforms to your body by providing optimal surface softness.
- Reasonably priced compared to other mattresses in the same class.
- Relieves a backache. Just to spark your attention! Some users claim they had their back ache problems cured after sleeping on this mattress for about a week.
- It’s very solid during the first few days after purchase. GhostBed takes some time before it becomes soft enough for a comfortable sleep.
- May initially emit a slight chemical smell, but this usually goes away soon afterward.
- The delivery box may arrive in poor form.
- Vacuum sealing trifold done by the manufacturers impedes on the inner foam’s structural integrity, it creates an artificial spine on the bed which prevents the mattress from lying flat.
Casper Sleep Mattress
Want to know the interesting bit?
Its 4-layer foam system consists of a durable supportive foam, responsive memory foam, open-cell latex foam and adaptive transition foam. All these work to keep you cool and well-balanced.
Furthermore, the hybrid layer of soft latex and firm memory foam creates an ample sleeping surface that provides enhanced support, without any reduction in air circulation.
- Has open-cell hypoallergenic latex to keep you cool throughout the night
- 4-layer foam construction offers greater support, aeration, and bounce.
- 100 Night free-trial offer, you can sample the product and return it for free within the first 100 days after shipment.
For those who have been waiting! Casper’s is the ideal mattress for any sleeping position. It doesn’t matter whether you sleep on the side or back, the product will contour to your body and relieve unnecessary pressure while retaining a vibrant bounce and cool temperature level.
Still, what makes you freeze in your tracks is the 4-layer foam construction that offers extra support and comfort for the best sleeping experience ever.
- Human tested and certified for use. The manufacturers explored hundreds of configurations, narrowing down their selection to 24 beta models for adequate user testing. They later invited random people from various walks of life to test their most favorable prototypes. Following this thorough process, Casper emerged as the best latex mattress due to its superior properties.
- Affordably priced. The company’s direct-to-consumer sales model reduces costs for the customer, who benefit by getting this premium mattress at nearly a third of its retail price.
- 10-year warranty. It comes with a comprehensive 10yr limited warranty.
- The product ships in a nice compact box.
- Has the perfect sink and bounce ratio for a good night sleep.
- Was named by Time Magazine as one of the Best Inventions of 2015. Now you get why it’s special!
- Alleviates lower back pain when used for a considerable amount of time.
- Easy to unpack, swells effortlessly after unwrapping and is very comfortable. You’ll notice a change in the quality of your sleep after just a few days. There would be no more tossing and turning at night.
- Though great on its own, Casper offers an even better sleep experience when used together with performance sheets available in the market.
- Can support large people while still maintaining its consistent shape.
- There’s a return option for those not satisfied with the product after purchasing it, you don’t have to stick with the mattress forever if it doesn’t meet your needs.
- Some users say it’s too firm for them to sleep comfortably. This can result to sore sides and backs especially for those who sleep sideways.
- There are complaints that Casper won’t honor trial period cover or warranty if the product is purchased online through Amazon. However, even if you’re lucky enough and they accept, shipping it back is still a huge problem. The mattress expands after unpacking and fitting it back to its original box is next to impossible.
- It emits a bad odor when unwrapping.
- Sometimes they can send you a wrongly sized mattress, even after ordering for a properly sized one. The company may also take considerable time to respond when seeking for a replacement.
Casper Sleep Mattress
Video about Casper Sleep Mattress
Roma Natural Latex Mattress
Have I captured your attention?
There’s also a lavish stretch knit cover which is spun from original organic cotton.
- Has an inventive 2-in-1 Comfort Technology that allows users to enjoy dual levels of comfort in just one mattress. This makes it suitable for both side and stomach sleepers.
- Made from non-toxic materials. The product consists of 6'' of premium Organic Dunlop latex, with Latex Green fabric knitted to 1.5 inches of CertiPUR foam on both sides.
- Safe and hygienic. Latex is naturally hypo-allergenic, as well as mildew, mold and dust mite resistant.
- High quality product. It makes an extremely durable and environmentally-friendly bedding material.
Let me just say!
It’s a guarantee that you’ll be pleased with this particular latex mattress, it’s not just comfy and durable but also comes wrapped in a secure package that prevents any second-hand damage. Roma is also considerably affordable compared to other latex mattresses.
- It has no harmful compounds like polyurethane, artificial fillers or any other surprise elements. There's no harmful polyurethane, no synthetic fillers, and absolutely no surprise compounds.
- Extremely durable, antibacterial and sustainable.
- No sagging even after using it for long periods, there’s no need to toss the mattress over or rotate it just to sleep comfortably.
- The latex mattress foundation offers pin-point pressure relief and superior support to avoid backache problems.
- Locally made in America from the manufacturer’s Phoenix-based factory, they also inspect each product before delivery to ensure that it meets the highest possible standards of quality.
- Impressive customer service. If you want a hassle-free shopping experience, just let the helpdesk professionals help you out and make the process a breeze. Do you yearn for more? They also provide free shipping and returns, as well as full cash back guarantee. Not to forget the 20yr warranty.
- They accept replacements, with the new product being shipped to you in less than a week.
- Roma is extremely comfortable. It has an impressive bouncy feel with no springs attached to its underlying structure. Moreover, any indents you create while lying on top is quickly filled afterward when rolling over.
- The latex mattress pad is Medium in firmness and nowhere near rock status like other similar products. When you sleep on it, there’s a feeling of evenness and your midsection doesn’t sink downwards as is seen in spring mattresses. You’ll wake up in the morning feeling very rejuvenated.
- Here’s the best part! It does not produce any foul smell. There’s no detectable odor coming from the mattress, this means no watery eyes, coughing or off-gassing.
- Works great with adjustable bedframes.
- Some people complain that the mattress sags and becomes softer after a month or so of use.
- Though sold as a 9-inch mattress, this measurement is not from seam to seam. If you want a full 9'' mattress then preferably go for a 12-inch model to get the 9-inch thickness from one seam to the next.
- The Medium level firmness can be too stiff for some individuals, you may have to buy a topper and this can be quite expensive.
- The outer layer has some amount of soy, though in negligible amounts. Those who are allergic to this compound may exhibit side effects. It’s also not mentioned on the site that Roma contains traces of wool.
- Retains body heat. During winter it feels perfect, but when the weather changes and becomes hot sleeping would really be a problem. You’ll wake up in the middle of the night due to high temperatures.
- Oftentimes it ships with no documentation from the manufacturers. There is no invoice, no certifications, no unpacking instructions and no written guarantee. If not for the shipping label, no one can really tell where the product is from.
back to menu ↑ If you are an ardent smoker, ensure that you avoid smoking in bed to prevent the ashes from distorting the appearance of your latex mattress. Smoking is also a fire hazard.
If you are an ardent smoker, ensure that you avoid smoking in bed to prevent the ashes from distorting the appearance of your latex mattress. Smoking is also a fire hazard.
LUCID 16 Inch Plush Memory Foam and Latex Mattress
Think about this for a moment!
Compared to the 'compression’ of memory foam, this fabric provides a little bit more 'pushback’.
- Has both Memory Foam and Latex materials
The first layer consists of a 1-inch bamboo organic memory foam knit into a softer outer cover, this bamboo charcoal is particularly good for those with sensitive skin and has advanced thermal regulation properties.
Additionally, the top layer can easily be removed by taking out the mattress cover. Directly below it is a 3” section of much softer and less dense memory foam. This is ventilated for proper breathability and comfort. Beneath that is another 2-inch layer of organic latex.
- It gets even better!
The multilevel layers offer greater support to your body for a decent night sleep. Sleepers are guaranteed of optimal orthopedic backing, and pressure relief to alleviate back neck and shoulder pain. Similarly, the open-cell memory foam creates a longer lasting, durable foam that won’t leave any body impressions on the surface.
- Soft, ventilated cover
LUCID’s top cover is made from a cozy TENCEL blend material, consisting of 90% polyester and 10% TENCEL lyocell fabric. The result is an ultra-soft cover with a breathable air layer on top of the mattress.
- Safe for both the owner and environment
The foam found in this mattress is CertiPUR-US certified, meaning it’s been independently tested and approved for the safety of materials, physical performance and environmental sustenance.
- Conveniently shipped for simple set up
As standard procedure, the latex mattress king comes vacuum packed. After it arrives from the company, simply take your package to the appropriate room then remove from the box and protective wrapper. Place it on top of your bed so that it can begin to expand automatically to its full size.
To cut the long story short! LUCID is a nice looking, ultra-comfortable mattress that’s suitable for use in all types of environments, whether hot or cold. It’s worth every bang for your buck.
- Ships directly from the manufacturers. Since Lucid mattresses are distributed by the company itself, without any 3rd parties in between. They are low priced and of great quality.
- Backed by a comprehensive warranty. The product has been constructed with quality care and top notch components, thus earning the industry-leading warranty cover that accompanies it.
- Delivered in a compressed box for easy unpacking. During shipment, the mattresses are tightly packed, rolled and shipped in manageable boxes for stress-free delivery and setup.
- Alleviates fatigue, muscle ache, and stiffness. After sleeping on it, you’ll rise in the morning feeling healthy and athletic. Ready to tackle the day.
- Friendly, responsive customer service. This is important! Helpdesk team is very polite and ready to answer any questions you may have regarding the mattress, including return policy issues.
- Super comfortable. LUCID is very soft when pressing, kneeling or sitting on the bed’s edge. In addition, when sleeping your weight is adequately distributed throughout the surface for a comfortable feel.
- There are people who think the bed feels too hard for their liking
- The mattress is heavy and you’ll probably need help from another person to carry it
- There have been complaints of foul smell, even after 2 days the odor may still not go away.
- It takes time to poof up to its full size.
LUCID 16 Inch Plush Memory Foam and Latex Mattress
Video about LUCID 16 Inch Plush Memory Foam and Latex Mattress
Ultimate Dreams Queen Eurotop Latex Mattress
The name definitely says it all!
This product is only made to order and can be customized to suit the buyer’s needs, the mattress is available in 3 density levels of firm, moderate and soft latex material.
Can I give you a tip?
Its hypoallergenic nature also makes Ultimate Dreams ideal for allergy sufferers.
- Has quilted bamboo cover containing 100% biodegradable bamboo fibers, including 1.5'' of ultra-soft reflex foam.
- There’s also an additional 8-inches of super dense convoluted base foam that offers increased conformability and air flow.
- Has a Eurotop zipper cover to easily interchange Latex layers
- Original product manufactured in America, though it’s sold throughout the world including Australia.
- Custom-made. After making a purchase, the company shall contact you to customize the firmness range of your mattress. It will then be tailored to meet your preferred needs.
The superiority of Ultimate Dreams mattress can be attested by the many review sites that continue to praise it regularly.
Here is the final thought.
Apart from being super comfortable, many people like it because the product can be ordered on multiple levels of softness ranging from 1 to 10. Manufacturers will send you an email beforehand for recommendations so that the mattress can be custom-made to your liking.
- It naturally conforms to the body contours for the ultimate sleeping experience.
- One of the benefits of latex mattress is that it offers enhanced resilience and comfortable feel with enhanced breathability
- You can change the softness of your mattress by adjusting Latex density accordingly.
- Great customer support. Most online review sites have positive things to say about the outstanding service offered by Ultimate Dreams. Here’s the best part! Immediately after buying the mattress, helpdesk will contact you to confirm the purchase and offer any other necessary assistance you may need.
- Easy to carry and setup. The product comes in a long tube cardboard box with the mattress shrunk inside in an airtight wrap. After unpacking, it will expand to its original shape in just about 10 minutes.
- Produces no latex/foam odors
- You can re-order the mattress online if the one you received initially is not satisfactory.
- Suitable for pregnant women to lie on. Did you know? They can turn over comfortably without feeling any pain, plus there’s less tossing and turning during the night. The latex also doesn’t get hot so it’s possible to sleep facing down without any problems whatsoever.
- It offers the same value as other more expensive latex mattresses at nearly half the cost.
- It’s impossible to wash or dry clean the Zipper Cover.
- They charge a small fee to exchange the latex density.
- Sagging may occur after a few weeks of use, what happens is that a 'soft valley’ emerges in the middle surrounded by a firmer spot around the edges. This makes the mattress feel like sleeping on top of a hammock.
- Though visually the valley is not perceptible, it forms once you jump onto the bed.
- Some users claim the base foam layer is not dense enough.
Sleep on Latex
The top layer usually consists of 1-inch quilted wool which adds a high degree of suppleness to the mattress, and also helps with heat insulation. It’s followed by a middle layer with 2'' of organic Dunlop latex, this level offers support and coziness to the sleeper. This section further aids in transitioning sleepers into the solid and more supportive bottom layer.
But wait – there’s more!
The bottom layer is much larger than the above two as it provides foundation and support to the whole bed. This part is made from 6 inches of organic Dunlop latex, thus offering the deep compression support needed for a good night sleep.
Latex Mattress Topper Queen
Natural toppers contain minute air chambers that allow for free airflow through the material. Due to this, they are always heated neutral and will never absorb body heat during use. Many people nowadays buy latex toppers to help in cooling down their queen mattresses. Different from memory foam, the firmness of latex material will not be affected by temperature fluctuations in the environment.
How can you beat that?
Nevertheless, before buying any topper it’s recommendable to verify the purity and safety first. There are manufacturers who market their toppers as 100% natural, even though they may contain traces of synthetic latex.
Modern high-density memory foam is designed to soften as a reaction to body heat, thus allowing it to contour/shape to a warm body in just a few minutes. These newer foams also tend to recover much faster to their original shape than the older counterparts.
Generally, foam mattress is denser than many other types of mattresses, hence making it more supportive and heavier.
Yes, you read that right!
The products are also sold for prices much higher than conventional mattresses. Firmness levels of these items are measured using the indentation force deflection or IFD rating.
Studies show that Latex mattress is more durable than other types of materials used in this industry. There are people who have used this product for more than 20yrs without any problems. While latex foam may lose its thickness and solidity over time, this will in no way affect the mattress’ performance.
Latex VS Memory Foam
Both memory foam and latex foam are two high-density materials used in contemporary mattresses and their toppers. They have unique attributes that allow their fabrics to expand and conform to the user’s body.
However, the deal breaker is that both are also naturally antimicrobial, dust mite and mildew resistant. Plus some properties further help in relieve of pressure points. Ultimately, the largest difference between latex and memory foam is on their spring-back action.
Can I share a secret?
Memory foam uses body heat to impose its own conforming properties but is also slower to depress and discharge. Alternatively, latex foam is similar to conventional box spring mattresses in a sense that they rapidly conform to the user’s body, and the quick spring-back function also gives a bouncier feel.back to menu ↑
Organic Latex Mattress
In the US, latex mattress manufacturers are increasingly signing up to the low-carbon footprint program, whereby materials used for production must meet certain low emission standards. These foams are also available in multilayer core options that accommodate the firmness requirements of each individual user.
Is it now clear?
The craftsmanship of Organic latex mattress is one of a kind, and when merged with other fine organic materials it makes a really nice piece of bedding.
Natural VS Synthetic/Blend
The Natural vs Synthetic latex debate is one that’s been carrying on for long, fueled as much by emotion as by the facts. Chemically, both of these fabrics are very similar in molecular structure, though natural latex also has other ingredients in small portions that contribute to its overall feel.
But why stop there?
On the other hand, synthetic/blend has some properties that are unique to itself such as abrasion resistance, minimal softening and ability to prevent aging caused by heat buildup. It’s also less costly which is why some manufacturers prefer it over organic latex.
Nevertheless, natural latex still has many other interesting qualities such as superior elasticity and enhanced breathability.back to menu ↑
Durability / Longevity
Since natural latex is molded from its original organic form, without any fillers added inside, it makes the longest lasting material for mattress construction. In fact, some people testify to have used their latex mattresses for more than forty years.
This product maintains durability because it has natural defenses present in rubber trees, these include mold/mildew resistance, hypoallergenic, antimicrobial properties and resistance to pests like bed bugs and dust mites.
When harvested and manufactured using the Dunlop or Talalay processes, they become resilient, easily conforming and durable. This further adds to the mattress' longevity. Due to its durability, latex mattress will save you lots of money in the long run as there would be fewer replacements needed throughout the years. While softening may eventually occur after a long period, you can take advantage of the manufacturer’s warranty to get a new one at no cost.back to menu ↑
Latex Mattress Warranty
If upon inspection it’s discovered that your latex mattress is unsanitary, or has been put under abnormal usage, then the company can nullify your warranty in such circumstances. Moreover, if an identical product is not found at the time of replacement or repair, the manufacturers reserve all rights to substitute materials.
At no charge to customers, they’ll determine the very nature of the defect and if it’s their fault then a replacement or repair would be done. Nevertheless, authorization from the company to return items must first be given before return of the mattress.
The fact is that all mattresses develop body formations after a long period of use. However, the speed by which they return back to normal shape can be controlled and even reduced by getting Heavy Duty Mattresses. These are built from sturdier coil springs and layering that offer increased comfort, support, and firmness.
Here’s the deal!
Body impressions are more common in low-grade polyurethane mattresses, including other synthetic materials that are usually puffed up to improve customer appeal but offer short-term comfort.
Can I be honest with you?
These type of mattresses may seem larger, fatter and thicker though that’s just an illusion created by manufacturers to make the customer think it’s of greater value. What they don’t say is that stuffing the mattress with cheap materials only leads to body impressions, as well as increased sagging.back to menu ↑
Latex Mattress Foundations
A foundation is the base support mechanism on which a mattress sits on. Latex mattresses require a solid, level foundation in order to function well. If you currently own an old foundation system for your mattress, change it as soon as possible to avoid any damages.
Basically, there are two types of base foundations used to offer support to mattresses. These include box springs and standard foundations. The latter are more solid in structure and commonly used in latex mattresses, they typically consist of a solid wooden top or wood slatted layering with a cover.
As for box springs, they are a combination of steel and wood springs that function like shock absorbers for traditional innerspring mattresses. Let me tell you a secret! When choosing a foundation, ensure that the whole structure has a consistent feel and uniformity.back to menu ↑
Symptoms usually develop a few minutes after exposure, the most intense latex allergy can cause anaphylaxis, which is where the patient develops severe breathing difficulty and shock. If you haven’t noticed, allergic skin conditions can also develop following direct contact with the material. This shall be seen in symptoms like itching, redness, and perforation of the skin when touched with a latex item.
How Pure Natural Latex Is Made
Here’s what you should know!
Only natural latex can be guaranteed to be pure. However, during vulcanization process, some tiny amounts of synthetic chemicals can be introduced into the product so as to turn raw sap into the foam. But these compounds are usually in tiny amounts that they don’t really affect the latex’s properties.
Natural latex is produced using the sap from the rubber tree, scientifically known as Hevea brasilienesis. It’s a cloudy, white liquid that’s collected by slicing a thin strip from the tree bark and allowing fresh latex to pour into a collecting container over several hours.
Following this process, the material is then whipped with air to create a foam which is then heated to create high-grade latex.
Aren’t you eager to know the score?
The ultimate winner of this comparison list is Tuft & Needle Mattress. Apart from being No.1 rated on Amazon, it has some of the most modern features in latex mattress technology such as Motion Transfer, at less than half the cost of its main competitors.
There’s no doubt that it’s the best latex mattress on the market today.