Hose reels are an essential component for anyone who wants to maintain their lawn or garden, they are often used for watering plants and flowers so as to make them more vibrant.
If you want to get the best hose reel that can handle all your chores with minimal effort, we recommend that you do some thorough research first. There are many types of reels that are available in the market, with each having its own unique features and characteristics.
Below are some of the best machines that you can buy today:
|Image||Item Weight||Hose Capacity (Feet)||Overall Rating||Details|
|Suncast CPLSSM200B Swivel Hose Hideaway||22.8 pounds||225||9.5||Check price|
|Suncast RSW125D Aquawinder||22.1 pounds||125||10||Check price|
|NeverLeak Auto-Track Poly Wrought Iron Designer Series Hose Cabinet||17 pounds||255||7||Check price|
|Liberty Garden Products 870-M1-2 Industrial 4-Wheel Garden Hose Reel Cart||35 pounds||300||7||Check price|
|RL Flo-Master 65HR8 Retractable Hose Reel||26.6 pounds||65||6||Check price|
|Liberty Garden Products 703-1 Multi-Purpose Steel Garden Hose Reel||20 pounds||200||8||Check price|
|NeverLeak Decorative Swivel Wall Mount Hose Reel||15.4 pounds||100||7||Check price|
|Best Choice Products Water Hose Reel Cart||44.4 pounds||300||7.5||Check price|
|Yard Butler SRWM-180 Wall-Mounted Hose Reel||12 pounds||100||9||Check price|
|GARDENA Retractable Hose Reel||18 pounds||82||9||Check price|
Suncast CPLSSM200B Swivel Hideaway Smart
Suncast CPLSSM200B is a large capacity hose reel that’s easy to operate and comes with a smooth unrolling motion function, it also has a wide base area that provides sufficient space for unraveling the machine in your home garden or lawn. We further noticed that the equipment can rotate to any direction that you want with minimal effort, and is also very comfortable to handle.
How can you beat that?
- Has an automatic command system with large hose storage capacity of 225-foot.
- The handle grip is positioned much higher than in other units, which allowed us to wind up the entire hose without bending over frequently.
- It comes ready to use and only requires 15 minutes to unpack, attach and hook up on the lead hose.
- Comes with two secure stakes that strongly hold the base to the ground.
- Has a sturdily-built storage box. This allowed our machine’s winding mechanism to evenly distribute the hose on the drum for smooth functioning.
- The base swivels for the effortless unwinding of the hose.
- While using it, our hose guide automatically moved back and forth as we turned the handle. Moreover, the upper unit strongly hinges on the base which allowed the housing section to pull to any direction that we pointed the hose.
In our opinion, Suncast CPLSSM200B is a reliable hose reel that can be used several times without its losing function.
Want to know more?
It also comes with a convenient hose-guide that makes it simple to reel without experiencing any problems.
- Suncast CPLSSM200B is lightweight and simple to control.
- Our machine has a swivel base that provides extra support to the unit.
- The equipment is solidly built and nicely engineered.
- It’s easy to install, rotates nicely and winds up effortlessly
- The crank shaft is user-friendly and didn’t take us too much effort to jumpstart.
- It holds up pretty well even with heavy usage. We’ve used the equipment for tough chores without experiencing any leakages whatsoever.
- The handlebar safely folds up when the equipment is running, so as to protect it from being knocked around when swiveling the unit or having it near a wall for support.
- The gear found between the hose reel and hand-crank is prone to breaking.
- After a few years of use some components may become faulty.
Suncast RSW125D Aquawinder 125ft Capacity
If you’re interested in a self-winding hose reel, then Suncast RSW125D Aquawinder may be the perfect tool for you. It’s convenient, attractive and well worth the cost. To operate it, simply pull the lever and the hose starts winding automatically.
No pressure there!
Nevertheless, for the hose unit to relocate into the cabinet area there should be a closed nozzle on one end to hold water-pressure within the hose. Water found inside the hose is released via a small hose on one end of the hose-reel storage into a nearby lawn or flower bed.
- Has a plastic ball that prevents over-rewinding.
- It has an automatic feed plus the rewind process also gives us extra water for gardening when properly adjusted.
- Smart Trak hose-guide automatically coils the hose evenly throughout the machine.
- Has a decorative wicker pattern to enhance space capacity.
- Our unit came fully assembled from the manufacturer
- Has a durable resin bodywork.
- Comes equipped with 125-feet of 5/8 inch average vinyl hose capacity.
- 3-yr limited warranty.
- Our machine has a water-powered mechanical hose reel. Does this sound good? Well, there’s more.
- It's shipped together with discharge and leader hoses.
- Has hands-free rewinding function at the touch of a lever.
Suncast RSW125D Aquawinder is a well-built and versatile hose reel with a lot of useful functions. The cool thing is the tool operates automatically and all we needed to do is just turn on the lever for the hose to start winding up.
- It’s simple to operate. All we had to do is just flip a switch and the Aquawinder started running immediately.
- The unit is attractive to look at, unobtrusive and blends nicely in our yard.
- Suncast RSW125D Aquawinder is shipped in a sturdy and well-constructed box.
- The wicker is slightly raised to look natural on the machine.
- Nice quality machine that’s built to last.
- After a short period of use, sometimes the plastic reel found inside the machine may become warped.
- When we left the hose fully stretched out it didn’t work too well.
- The hose storage unit is a bit too tedious to unwind.
Suncast Aqua Winder Automatic Rewind Garden Hose Reel
NeverLeak Auto-Track Poly Designer Series Wrought Iron Hose Cabinet
I’m just going to come right out and say it. The NeverLeak Poly Designer Series Wrought Iron Hose Cabinet looks like something a Lannister would use in the Game of Thrones. This incredibly gorgeous poly hose reel comes with an inviting decorative design that is both timeless and a complementary addition to any outdoor living space.
Thanks to the sturdy rock solid iron construction, this bad boy is about 8 times stronger than typical plastic cabinets and can hold up to 225 feet of large diameter hose.
We’re sure you’re already sold, but what’s a review without a glance at the top features?
- Auto track hose guide for convenient wind-up
- Eight times stronger than average plastic systems
- Easy spin handle for quick cranking
- Holds up to 225’ of 5/8” diameter
- Able to withstand extreme cold due to the durable material
- The machine is long-lasting and requires very little repairs and maintenance during its lifetime
I think it’s safe to say that the NeverLeak Hose Cabinet performs exactly as advertised. For one, it definitely `doesn’t leak. And apart from looking mighty fetching in the decorative wrought iron, this hose cabinet packs an incredible array of neat features. But what really grabbed our attention was the Auto-track feature.
This simple little function lets you wind the hose back after you’re done using it. That’s further complemented by the natural spin crank handle and a mechanism for resisting cross-threading. And since the model is made of wrought iron, it’s 8 times stronger than other models. So you won’t have to worry about issues with the longevity and durability.
- Superb quality construction
- Longer lifespan
- Attractive decorative design
- Careful not to damage the fragile threading mechanism
Liberty Garden 870 4-Wheel Hose Cart
The Liberty Garden Hose Cart is a versatile machine that can be used both for residential, farm and commercial purposes. It comes with a set of sturdy 10-inch pneumatic tires that provide extra support as well as enhanced maneuverability.
Astonishing, isn’t it?
Our machine also has a low center of gravity to prevent tipping when in operation.
- Has a non-slip handle and can accommodate up to 300ft of 5/8 inch hose
- Solid construction with 13-gauge steel material, and durable powder coating that’s weather resistant.
- 90-degree brass swivel attachment
- In addition to that! You receive a limited lifetime warranty from the manufacturers upon purchasing this machine.
- Equipped with a 5-inch Leader Hose
- All fixtures are made from durable brass/galvanized material
We can summarize by saying that Liberty Garden is a stylish and practical machine that’s perfect for all your gardening needs. The tool has the capacity to hold up to 300ft of 5/8-inch hose, including pneumatic tires that allow the cart to effortlessly pass through the rough ground and a low center of gravity to prevent tipping.
Let us put this straight!
Our Liberty Garden equipment is made from durable 13-gauge steel and has a tough, weather-resistant powder coat finish that offers extra protection. We recently discovered the secret to improving the longevity of this machine and that’s keeping it indoors when not in use.
Let’s have a look at the top features of the Liberty Garden Hose Cart.
- The machine is strong, easy to move and can be used to store heavy garden hoses.
- Despite having a lightweight frame, ours has bearings that allow the hose to easily unwind without any difficulties.
- Even after continuous usage it does not leak up.
- Our tool was quite simple to assemble.
- Some of the metals used for construction are of poor quality, such as the nuts and bolts that are prone to rusting.
- There are parts where water can easily enter the machine, thereby compromising the exterior coating.
- The hose and reel connector is badly designed, this causes the hose to frequently bend or go flat.
RL Flo-Master 65HR8 Retractable Hose Reel
RL Flo-Master is a heavy duty hose reel that comes equipped with an 8 Spray Pattern Nozzle and 65ft leader hose. It’s also fitted with a durable spring that provides smooth reel returns, whereas the guide also prevents hose unit from overlapping.
Want to know more?
We were also impressed by the company’s great customer service, they have a hotline number that gave us instant access to their expert support service. Think about it! This assistance is available for as long as we own the reel.
- The machine is versatile and comes with various useful accessories such as a carry handle, mounting hardware, brass hose fittings.
- It’s portable and we could easily keep it away for winter storage, the unit can easily be removed from its bracket and features a carrying handle.
- Has mounting brackets that provide 180-degree rotation, plus the necessary mounting hardware is also included.
- Our RL Flo-Master was delivered with a slow moving, folding, spring-infused hose with stopper. It also had an automatic guide to prevent the reel from overlapping when pulling back.
- Block wall installation guide is provided by the manufacturers.
What’s the bottom line?
Our verdict is that RL Flo-Master is a sturdy and highly functional machine with great improvements in terms of enclosure and nozzle capacity. The company also has a responsive customer-care service that’s available throughout the week.
- Avoid roll back problems by allowing the reel to rewind back slowly onto the unit while maintaining minimal pressure on the hose until it got fully rewound.
- We’ve mounted ours several times and it has never leaked from the nozzle or the end that mounts to the primary water source.
- The nozzle works expertly and we particularly like the 'center’ option which can jet multiple streams at once.
- The hose detaches and retracts easily plus it has a thumb activated On/Off switch.
- It also met all our needs for a secure wall-mounted retractable hose, thanks mainly to the anchors that hold it safely onto the wall.
- The Flo-Master support desk is available 24/7 and ready to respond to issues concerning operation, maintenance, and repairs of the RL sprayer. They also offer advice on where to buy replacement parts for the machine.
- After a few months of use, it may develop technical problems or completely stop working.
- The tool is bulky and can be quite difficult to control.
- When damaged it can’t be repaired by a handyman but requires a trained specialist.
RL Flo-Master 65HR8 Retractable Hose Reel
Liberty Garden 703-1 Multi-Purpose Steel Wall and Floor Mount Garden Hose Reel
We’ve never regretted the day we bought the Liberty Garden 703-1 hose reel, this versatile machine is made from tough 13-Gauge steel material with industrial-grade strength and easily anchors to the turf or lawn for mounting.
You know what more?
The tool has a powder-coated finish that provides extra longevity for multiple years of use. So far it has met a variety of our hose reel needs.
You’ve heard it all, but I’ll bet you haven’t seen these top features in action.
- All fixtures are made from quality brass/galvanized material.
- Has a versatile 3-in-1 design. We have mounted the unit on our wall, used the rubber boots for non-slip floor mount and anchored it in our lawn as well.
- The powder coat finish is weather-resistant
- The reel can hold up to 200ft of 5/8 inch garden hose
- Our unit came with a limited 1yr warranty from the manufacturers
- Has 5ft of leader hose.
Our final thought is that Liberty Garden 703-1 is a multi-purpose hose reel that’s both simple to operate and very practical.
But wait – there’s more!
It can easily be secured to a wall, turf or lawn for usage. Moreover, when well taken care of it will last for a very long time.
- It’s strongly built with a sturdy metallic body
- The machine can easily be attached to a solid cement block for support, we were also able to swivel it to whichever direction that we wanted to pull the hose.
- Has a variety of mounting holes
- Comes with brass hose fittings for extra convenience.
- We found the supplied 'jumper’ hose useful with its heavy-duty fittings for tightening the reel attachment.
- The painting may crack in a few months if not properly maintained
- We once used a thin, small diameter hose causing the unit to kink and lead to reduced water flow.
- Once mounted outside, removing it for winter storage can be a challenge as it usually attaches very strongly.
- The supplied short-hose is stiff and hard to put into position
- During fitting, two wrenches would be required to fasten the hose onto the reel
NeverLeak Decorative Swivel Wall Mount Hose Reel with 100-Foot Hose Capacity
If there’s one brand that’s been really making its mark in the gardening industry, it’s Neverleak. Apart from making stuff that actually doesn’t leak, they’ve really put a ton of effort in the quality as well. Toda, we’re checking out their Decorative Swivel Wall Mount Hose Reel that’s really popular with small and medium yards.
By combining decorative styling with superior function, this beautifully crafted hose reel adds function and style to any outdoor setting. But before we delve any deeper, allow me to point out the unique swivel feature that’s not in the above model. This handy feature lets the hose basket swing away from the wall for easier unwinding and rewinding.
Still not convinced? Perhaps a look at the top features will help.
- Holds up to 100 feet of 5/8 hose
- Decorative antique bronze finish that conceals hose
- Comes fully assembled
- Purchase includes leader hose
- Not bulky and is a good choice for smaller households
Like all homeowners, you probably take pride in the appearance of your home. However, it’s important not to forget the exterior while you’re taking care of the interior. Accenting your home with attractive accessories in one way to do it.
The aesthetic design on the Decorative antique bronze hose reel blends in with stone, stucco, brick and even vinyl exteriors. But it’s not just eye candy. This hose reel comes with the NeverLeak advantage of durability.
While plastic and even steel units turn brittle during winter, this model is robust enough to withstand severe temperature drops. This hose reel also prevents cross-threading that could cause leakage and pipe damage.
- Incredibly decorative design even for the grips
- Swivels around for ease of use
- Suitable for budget conscious buyers
- Can’t be used without mounting it to a wall
NeverLeak Decorative Swivel Wall Mount Hose Reel
Best Choice Products Water Hose Reel Cart
Here’s an entirely new way to get some serious gardening done without all the fuss and muss. We all know Best Choice and their multitude of high-quality steel gardening options that have put the brand on the map.
Apart from offering a broad range of multi-functional gardening tools at unbelievably affordable prices, Best Choice offers solutions that will let you maneuver around your garden hassle-free.
Today, we’re checking out their Water Hose Reel Cart 300 FT Outdoor Garden Heavy Duty Yard hose that is literally a reel on wheels. This bad boy not only moves around to whatever location you want, but it’s got a ton of other bells and whistles.
Let’s have a sneak peek at the unit’s most desirable features.
- Constructed from a tubular steel frame with green finish for a durable cart with outdoor appeal
- Features foam padded handles and solid steel axles to help get the job done quickly
- Holds up to 300 feet of 5/8” water hose
- The 10.5-inch wheels roll smoother over uneven ground
If you’re looking for a premium gardening tool that will turn any gardening chores into a fun experience, then look no further than the Best Choice Products Water Hose Reel Cart. This bad boy boasts a heavy-duty, solid tubular frame with a solid steel axle that combines durability with rustic appeal. The extra strength means more durability in everyday kitchen situations.
The manufacturer also gave us an enormous capacity that supports over 300 feet of hose for people with larger homes. But if we’re being candid, it doesn’t really matter what size your home is; the mobile hose will make it even in the middle of the forest.
- All-terrain mobility thanks to 10.5-inch diameter wheels
- Water resistant finish that promotes rust resistance
- Larger capacity for more garden reach
- Some of the components have been really faulted as flimsy, so don’t be too rough on the old girl
Yard Butler SRWM-180 Wall Mounted Hose Reel
Here’s the point!
Yard Butler SRWM-180 has a modern design and allows us to safely store up to 100ft of 5/8-inch hose, it’s perfect for placement on the side of residences and outbuildings as well. We recommend it to anyone who wants a perfect hose reel to use at home.
- Has an extra wide wall bracket mounting bar that’s sturdy, as well as a pivoting swing arm that allows the reel to rotate 180 degrees so that the hose can be put to use at whichever angle from the wall surface.
- Our tool has a lifetime warranty from the company against defects in materials or manufacturing.
- It’s equipped with a heavy duty bracket mounting unit.
- Has a durable steel body with anti-rust coating.
- Our unit was delivered with a 5ft supply hose with brass fixtures included in the package.
In a nutshell!
Yard Butler SRWM-180 is a heavy duty hose reel that allows users to easily move the reel forward and backwards, thus making it easier to wind up the entire hose. It’s also made from metal components that make it last longer than other plastic reels.
- We found the mounting holes to be perfectly spaced for attaching two-wall studs
- The unit itself is strong with a reel that’s designed with a dense center column, wooden attachable handle, and a hose receptor. We were also able to stretch the handle about 1-inch longer.
- The mounting bracket is equipped with a pair of pegs for supporting the hose reel, no screws are required and just the reel’s weight is sufficient.
- The Yard Butler SRWM-180 reel comes with a 4ft green hose for connecting to the hose faucet, and also to a stationary receptor found on the reel. This is used for feeding the primary hose screwed into the receptor found within the reel’s spinning part.
- There’s a rubber washer included in the package for water tight sealing.
- We could easily articulate the reel, which gave us maximum flexibility for installation on a wall pointing towards a direction that would not have worked had we used a standard reel.
- After 2 to 3 months some components may begin to rust and require oiling
- There’s no guide to keep the hose well in position on the spool, we noticed that if we didn’t guide the hose with our bare hands it would eventually pile up and flip over the reel’s edge.
GARDENA Retractable Hose Reel with a Convenient Hose Guide
We find the GARDENA Retractable Hose Reel to be a great machine for performing various spraying tasks, it can be withdrawn with minimal effort and paused at a short interval. This tool is also very flexible on the hands and easy to operate.
Are you ready to learn more?
- It has a built-in steel spring that provides standard, powerful retraction, as well as an integrated hose guide to prevent twisting and twining of the hose.
- During winter, we could easily take the Hose Box by its ergonomic handle and remove it from the wall bracket for effortless frost-protected storage.
- Has a short pull on the hose, lock release system and the hose can easily be drawn into the package without cranking or bending over.
- There’s a Hose Guide bracket for mounting it on the wall or corner mount, including nozzles, wash brushes and sprayers that can be kept safely on the wall-bracket. This Hose Guide comes ready for use.
- The machine is delivered with a lot of extra accessories such as a wall bracket, wall plugs, and screws.
- It includes its own integrated nozzle so there’s no need to order another one from the stores.
To sum up, we recommend the Gardena Hose to anyone who wants a long range hose reel that can reach all corners of the garden or lawn.
- Our Gardena hose is so simple to pull out, and easily rolls back into position with just a single tug
- To store it inside for winter, all we had to do is just unscrew a bolt in order to release the portable casing. We could then relocate it to our home basement by carrying it using the built-in handle
- The hose pressure is solid and doesn’t kink easily, plus the sprayer nozzle is also nice and durable
- We could easily attach it using one of the available threaded attachments, switching out these attachments is pretty straightforward
- When not properly maintained the unit may start dripping rusty water from inside
- The retractable reel that directs the hose is prone to breaking
- Some customers claim that the locking device may stop working after a few months of use
GARDENA Retractable Hose Reel with a Convenient Hose Guide
What You Need to Know About Hose Reel
Hose reels are commonly used during spring and summer season for gardening purposes. Using this tool can drastically improve the durability of your garden hose, it will help avoid issues such as tangling, cracking, sun damage and other common hose deterioration problems.
We suggest that before buying any reel you’d better first check the length of your garden hose. Without proper caution, you may accidentally buy a reel that won’t fit.
Best Hose Reel Materials
Most hoses are made from a variety of materials or combinations of different materials. The common ones we know of are:
- Synthetic or natural latex
We’re also aware that the type of material manufacturers use to make these tools depend on various factors such as the pressure rating required, and environmental conditions where they’ll be used.
Want to know a secret?
In recent years, hoses can also be made from custom grades of polyethylene such as LDPE. Other popular hose materials we’ve come across are stainless steel, Teflon and various metal types.
Moreover, hose design usually depends on a combination of performance and application factors. Including aspects such as size, weight, length, pressure rating, chemical compatibility and whether the tool uses a straight or coil hose. Similarly, to achieve more pressure resistance, hoses can be fortified with steel cord or fibers.
Through experience using these tools, we know that fittings can either be permanently attached to the end of a hose or fixed using a rapid disconnect coupler or standard fitting. If one side of the hose is used for filling just tires and nothing else, then a permanent connection is more preferred.
Can we be honest with you?
When placing fittings, remember that an air chuck will constantly remain on the hose end thus protecting it from misplacement. The opposite end can also be permanently attached to a compressor or air supply tank. In our estimation, most air hoses have threaded male fittings that are permanently fitted to the hose ends.
Care and Maintenance
Here’s what you should know!
We recommend that you conduct regular inspections on your hose reel to identify any problems that may require fixing. Conduct a full inspection on various parts such as the hose, nozzles, valves, re-wind and flow test.
Most definitely! Hose reels have connectors that can be used to fit various accessories to the device.
Yes, but you’ll require a large pump that can push water through the entire distance. While an average pressure of over 100psi can cover a considerable distance, beware of installing a pump with low horsepower for your rainwater.
Typical to Suncast’s M.O., this model combines storage, style, and unique conveniences that you won’t find in other models.
So what else can we look forward to aside from a killer wicker design?
The RSW125D Aquawinder from Suncast is really a part of your garden and yard furniture and feels right at home in yards that have had a decent amount of time and décor put in.
The unit comes fully assembled so you won’t need to worry about assembling anything together. Another feature that we can’t wind up (pun intended) without mentioning has to be the auto rewind feature. As if that wasn’t enough, users can now look forward to a 3-year limited warranty on the product. Give the Suncast RSW125D Aquawinder 125-Foot Capacity Hose Reel a try today!