So you want to take your business to the next level?
We live in a day and age where wearing a personalized t-shirt has become the new norm. This trend is growing at an astounding pace. As a result, an increasing number of printing and graphics art companies are popping up on the market.
As a business that sells personalized t-shirts, you have two options when you want to add a unique design or image on a clothing item: screen printing or heat press. While both methods come with their own pros and cons, heat pressing is by far the best method.
So how do I find the best heat press machine?
Now that you are well aware of the benefits of heat press versus screen printing, it is time to take a look at the top heat press machines available on the market in 2018. Out of this list, we will select a winner and crown it as the most innovative & beneficial heat press unit of the year.
A heat press is a large machine that uses heavy pressure combined with high temperatures in order to embed a unique design on a material. The effect is permanent. No iron in the world is able to reach the level of pressure or heat of a heat press, so you can rest assured that a personalized t-shirt created with one of these machines will never lose its design, color or shape.
Heat press machines are not messy, are easy to use, consume less time and allow for more intricate designs. On the other hand, screen printing is more expensive and offers not-so-satisfying results.
Aren’t you excited to discover the winner?
We sure are to reveal it to you! Read on to discover our favorite heat press machine and possibly even find your own!
PowerPress Heat Press Machine
This innovative company has managed to design an exquisite t-shirt heat press machine that leverages the process of digital sublimation to help your specialists to easily create personalized t-shirts with intricate designs.
This unit works flawlessly to heat-print any image on any type of material. The smooth, Teflon-coated heating plate ensures that each image is printed perfectly on the material, without burning or harming it. The garment is safe, while the image is crisp and clear.
This unit is less messy than a standard screen printing machine. While the latter uses dyes and solvents to print the image on the garment, the PowerPress Heat Press Machine uses only the power of pressure and heat to offer better results. No more damages done by ink spills or solvents.
Thanks to the replaceable fuse, this heat press machine from PowerPress is protected against electric shocks and overheating. And last but not the least, the all-black finish of this unit is quite impressive and can help you make quite an impression for customers who decide to visit your shop. Your customers will definitely notice how good this unit looks and will be even more thrilled to wear their new t-shirts.
Now it’s time to look at the features of this heat press machine for t-shirts.
- Gorgeous black/white 15 x 15 heat plate
- Voltage: 110V
- Power: 1800 W
- Fully digital LCD control board
- Temperature: 0-750 Fahrenheit
- Time range: 0-999 seconds
- Equipped with replaceable fuse, signal indicator and integrated electric control system
- Heating up time: 10-15 minutes
- Dimensions: 28.5 x 18 x 17 inches
- Weight: 53 pounds
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
An exquisite choice for business owners who cherish quality & design.
There is no doubt that the PowerPress Heat Press Machine 15x15 is one of the most beautiful units available on the market. In addition to its flawless design, this heat press is equipped with a plethora of features and benefits that make it stand out on the market.
An 1800 W motor powers this industrial-quality digital sublimation unit, enabling you to design gorgeous & intricate models and shapes on any type of garment. The special thickened aluminum plate ensures that the temperature is even across the whole heating plate and that the garment is protected against overheating.
The silicone pad ensures you get a maximum of 350 degrees without any image distortion.
All in all, this unit is one of the best machines available today, and will surely continue to be a top selection in 2018.
- Extremely easy to operate
- Can withstand extended use without falling in quality levels
- Is equipped with fully digital time control and temperature
- The Teflon coated heating place is simply exceptional at protecting garments. It is also very easy to clean and to maintain
- Offers an attractive appeal that few other heat press machines have to offer
- Comes with dual electric system protection for improved operation safety
- Very easy to set up thanks to the advanced parameter setting
- Comes with integrated electric controls that offer enhanced safety and ease of adjusting
- Can maximize your investment: you can literally skyrocket your savings with this machine. You can save over $1,000 monthly if you use it on a daily basis. This means that the investment recoups itself in less than one week.
- 1-year warranty is not enough for a company that uses the unit on a daily basis
Fancierstudio Power Heat Press
Fancierstudio is more than just a “fancy” company. All of their products are made to meet the basic needs of the customer and to exceed the most important expectations. Their new 15-by-15-inch heat press machine sublimation is a great product that caters to all the needs of modern graphic printing businesses.
Being equipped with a silicone-gel base board that is pressure adjustable, this unit is an industrial-quality heat press perfect for applying letters & transfers. The quality offered by this unit is exceptional, and the end result is more than often satisfying.
However, just like any other product available on the market, Fancierstudio Power Heat Press comes with its own set of drawbacks. Depending on the materials used for printing, you might want to open a window if the smell is too strong. The heat chemical material could prevent you from staying too long in the room.
As far as the design is concerned, we believe that the specialists from Fancierstudio could have done a better job. The welding and color quality are not extraordinary, while the quality of the build does not leave you with the impression of durability.
So why is the Fancierstudio Power Heat press a good choice?
- Power: 1800 watts
- Voltage: 110 volts
- Temperature range: 0-699 degrees Fahrenheit
- Time range: 0-99 seconds
- Electronic heat & time control
- Pressure adjustable silicone-get base board
- It is equipped with a magnetic draw for automatic opening
- Weight: 51 pounds
- Dimensions: 30 x 19 x 17 inches
- Warranty: 6 months
- Industrial 15x15 heat press
- Heats up extremely quickly
As a conclusion, we can state that the Fancierstudio Power Heat press is definitely not the best heat press unit in 2018. However, thanks to its affordability, ease of setting up and solid build, this heat press will last pretty much in time and could prove to be an invaluable asset for your business.
This unit is an excellent choice for beginners, as nearly every operation is automatic. It comes pre-assembled, so all you have to do is to take it out of the box, turn it on and start printing. Overall, this unit is an excellent choice for start-ups and people who have their own small shops.
- Heats up extremely quickly: it reaches 300 degrees Fahrenheit in 1 minute or less
- Industrial quality heat press that lasts long in time and can easily tackle a multitude of jobs
- Industrial strength machine that holds up to high volumes of printing jobs
- Glued-down silicone rubber base for ease of usage
- Pretty compact unit that can easily fit anywhere in the shop
- Extremely affordable
- Comes pre-assembled, so you can start heat printing in an instant
- The magnetic draw for automatic opening is simply exceptional and could help you save a lot of precious time
- Keeps you safe by enabling you to keep your hands at a safe distance: safety is always a top priority when working with heat press machines, so Fancierstudio makes no exception from the rule. The pull away draw gives you peace of mind that your hands are well protected against crushing or burning.
- Highly customizable: practically, every single feature available on the Fancierstudio Power Heat press is customizable, from the pressure applied on the material to the digital temperature. You are in control of the whole printing process, from start to finish
- The temperature might fluctuate from time to time
- It only heats up to 699 degrees, which is less than what other heat press machines can offer
- Not the best design ever, especially as it includes aluminum
- Does not provide the same quality as what other similar units can provide
- The 6 months warranty is way too little
Promo Heat Press Machine PRO-3804X
With the Promo Heat Press Machine, you can easily use vinyl, sublimation, inkjet, laser or rhinestone to transfer images on fabric, metal, ceramic tiles, wood and even glass. This heat press machine vinyl is an exceptional tool to take your business to the next level and automate the printing process.
The new model, PRO-3804X, replaces all old models and comes with multiple innovative features that offer you some unique advantages. This clamshell heat press is powerful enough to meet all of your heat transferring needs.
Choosing a high-quality heat press machine is definitely a rewarding experience.
- Equipped with a digital LCD control
- Adjustable multi-spring balancer
- Equipped with a full-range pressure adjustment knob
- Dimensions: 16 x 15 x 10 inches
- Weight: 65 pounds
- Warranty: directly from the seller
- Power: 1,400 watts
- Power input: 110V
- Temperature range: 0-750 degrees Fahrenheit
- Equipped with parallel arm handle
- Non-stick, teflon-coated surface
Thanks to the space-saving clamshell configuration, the Promo Heat Press Machine PRO-3804X is never going to disturb anyone. At best, it is going to spike your customers’ interest due to the beautiful black/red design. The digital LCD is also perfectly placed and specially created to emit just the right amount of light so that it doesn’t disturb people who work late.
This new model comes with most benefits and very few drawbacks, as all the problems in the old models (3801, 3802, 3803, and 3804 series) have been solved. The vinyl not properly transferring or the heat pressure being too low are not issues to worry you anymore.
The Promo Heat Press PRO-3804X is a top-of-the-line product that looks gorgeous and could help you save thousands of dollars in the long run.
Despite its weight, this unit is extremely easy to use once mounted on your desk or countertop. Take advantage of the adjustable multi-spring balancer, digital LCD temp control, full-range pressure adjustment knob and other features to maximize the production and save both time and money.
Ready to find out more?
- Excellent choice for any type of graphic printing business
- The digital LCD temperature control is perfect for setting the desired temperature and for personalizing the pressure level
- Spring & pressure system which enables the pressure to be perfectly distributed across the platform
- Does not require a separate silicone/Teflon sheet, as the surface is non-stick and coated in Teflon
- Allows you to create a wide range of custom products, from mouse pads and t-shirts to license plates, tote-bags and hats
- One of the best clamshell machines ever released on the market
- The Promo Heat Press PRO-3804X is better than all other previous versions
- Comes fully assembled and ready to use
- It is extremely stable
- Gorgeous design which makes it complement any type of business environment
- At 63 pounds this machine is quite heavy
Mophorn Heat Press 5 in 1 Multifunction Sublimation Machine
The Mophorn is probably the best 5 in 1 heat press machine you can find today on the market. This unique 12x15 unit is a heavy-duty, commercial-grade product that is extremely stable and can make a great companion for years to come. Due to its solid built quality, you can rest assured that this heat press machine will stand by your side for years to come.
Manufactured by Mophorm, a local company that creates multifunctional devices, the Heat Press 5 in 1 is an all-in-one unit that can be successfully used to print on t-shirts, caps, ceramic tiles, ceramic plates, coasters, mugs, mouse pads, lettering, jigsaw puzzles, and various types of materials.
The external hat cap measures 6 by 3 inches and is ideal for creating beautiful hats with unique patterns. Thus, if you need a heat press machine for hats, there is no better choice than Mophorn Heat Press 5 in 1.
This machine is built to last. You can see this the moment you take it out of the box. It looks stylish, and it is extremely heavy. Of course, this unit has its own share of drawbacks. One of the biggest is that the thermometer does not work as well as it should, so we recommend you to buy a cookie thermometer to check the actual temperature.
Read the features to better understand how this unit can help you.
- 5 in 1 multifunctional heat press machine that lets you print on nearly everything
- Swing-away design for a seamless operation
- Includes a 2in1 digital controller
- Comes with a mug and a hat press
- Multi-spring balancer for a more evenly distributed pressure
- Rigid steel frame
- Weight: 62.1 pounds
- Dimensions: 21.2 x 20.2 x 19.2 inches
- Warranty: from the seller
- Temperature range: 0 – 400 Fahrenheit degrees
- Power: 1400W
- Timer control: 0 – 999 seconds
- Teflon-coated plates – 360-degree rotation swing away design
- Detachable lower platform
If you are in the graphic printing business for some time and you want to take your business to the next level, you would do well to take advantage of the Mophorn Heat Press 5 in 1 Multifunction Sublimation Machine. Thanks to the swing-away design, you can streamline the printing process and enjoy a seamless operation without hurting yourself.
Reliable, long-lasting and extremely multifunctional, this unit allows you to personalize a wide range of products, from cups, mugs & caps to mouse pads and ceramic plates. You should definitely give this unit a try if you want to save money in the long run.
- Comes in 3 sizes: 5 in 1, with hat press and mug press, 6 in 1 with 2 mug presses and 8 in 1 with 4 mugs. If you are in the mug printing business, you should definitely buy the second or third option
- Rigid steel frame that protects the unit against wear & tear
- Heavy unit that is extremely stable
- One of the best heat press devices for printing on mugs and cups
- The swing away design is an excellent choice for people who enjoy having a seamless operation
- Not as big as other t-shirt printing units. The Mophorn Heat Press is better for mugs and cups than for t-shirts, no doubt about that
- It can only reach 400 degrees Fahrenheit, while most other heat press machines available on the market can easily reach and even go over 700 Fahrenheit
- The temperature is not reliable
- Not the best design in the world, but also not the worst
Mophorn Heat Press Multifunction Heat Press Machine
Video about Mophorn Heat Press Multifunction Heat Press Machine
Fancierstudio DG HEAT PRESS
The DG HEAT PRESS is yet another inexpensive heat press machine made by Fancierstudio. This digital sublimation heat press is a very good choice for graphic printing businesses that get a lot of t-shirt orders. Compared to previous models, this unit comes with some serious improvements, such as the coated heat platen, flexible silicone rubber base and handgrip design for ease of use.
If you fancy an inexpensive heat press unit that can automate the printing processes and help you save valuable time, there is no better choice than the Fancierstudio DG HEAT PRESS.
Check out the features!
- Equipped with a Teflon coated heat plate
- Precise set-up and electronic time control
- Adjustable silicone base board
- Voltage: 110V
- Power: 1800W
- Weight: 48 pounds
- Dimensions: 30 x 20 x 20 inches
- Industrial quality, 15 x 15 heat press
- Temperature range: 0-699 degrees Fahrenheit
- Time range: 0-999 seconds
The Fancierstudio DG HEAT PRESS is a great choice for small businesses that want to save a lot of space and also save time & money when printing large orders. With a fresh design, this unit can easily complement a wide range of shop designs and colors.
Coming with a coated heat platen and an extra Teflon sheet, this unit is pre-installed, so you can start using it the moment it lands in your shop. Despite its inexpensive price, this heat press machine is a very good choice.
So how does this unit stack up overall?
- Extremely lightweight and easy to carry
- This unit is an excellent choice for small businesses and shops that need an inexpensive, reliable heat press machine
- Extremely easy to set up and to use
- Innovative design with blue/pink that complements modern shops
- Gorgeous handle grip that suits the form of the hand and allows for easier operation
- Quite inexpensive
- Free Teflon sheet included in the package
- Can easily fit in a corner and can help you save a lot of space thanks to the compact design
- Ideal for applying letters, transfers, images and numbers on bags, t-shirts, jigsaw puzzles, mouse mats, ceramic tiles, ID badges and other items
- The build is not the best quality ever
- Might have an odd smell when used for prolonged periods of time
F2C 15" x 15" Heat Transfer Machine
The machine comes with already preinstalled teflon plates that heat in a minute. It's getting all the work done perfectly with no residue or mess. One thing we are a bit hesitant about - is the absence of the instructions from the manufacturer.
But the mechanism itself is pretty explanatory, isn't it?
It is you who has to decide that.
Let’s start with the features!
- Power: 1200 W
- Voltage: 110V
- 15 x 15 printing area
- Temperature range: 0-400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Time range: 0-999 seconds
- Weight: 54.3 pounds
- Dimensions: 28.4 x 18.9 x 17.7 inches
- Easy parameter setting and ease of personalization
- Comes with fully digital temp control, integrated electric control system, easy to use & adjust handle plus knob
- Aluminum heated plate that opens at 70 degrees
So what do you think?
By reading the features, we have to conclude that this unit could have been better. The power is insufficient for most tasks, while the temperature range is quite limited. The aluminum heated plate is also unimpressive, and the 70 degrees open is not sufficient for more voluminous items.
On the other side of the coin, the F2C 15" x 15" Heat Transfer Machine comes with a rough, industrial design that offers exceptional strength and durability. The fully digital temperature control and dual electric system protection ensure that you are safe and offer you a maximum level of personalization.
- Durable, very steady on any type of surface
- The dual electric system protection gives you peace of mind that you are safe to use the device for as much as you would like
- You can personalize the temperature and pressure
- Attractive appeal
- The aluminum heat plate is not the best available
- This unit could have been much better built
- Does not go over 400 degrees Fahrenheit and has only 1200 W. Most other heat press machines go as up to 750 degrees and reach 1800 W
F2C Pro 5 in 1 Digital-Transfer-Sublimation-Machine-Multifunction
The F2C Pro is a digital-sublimation heat press machine that comes with a 5-in-1 function, enabling graphic printing business owners to create their own custom t-shirts, mugs, caps, ceramic plates & tiles, jigsaw puzzles, coasters and lettering, in no time at all.
Being equipped with a Teflon-coated 12 x 15 surface, a mug press, a hat press, and an extra cotton pad, this unit is exceptionally versatile and allows for multiple operations at once.
However, we’re just beginning to scratch the tip of the iceberg. One of the biggest advantages of the F2C and the feature that makes it stand head and shoulders over any other heat press machine available on the market is its capacity to rotate at a full 360 degrees. Thanks to the full 360-degree rotation and swing-away design, using this unit becomes a breeze.
Moreover, this design gives you the safety necessary to use the product without wearing gloves or protective sleeves. Being easy to set up, easy to utilize, and enabling for an easy transition between elements, the F2C Pro 5 in 1 is one of the perfect heat press machines released in 2018, if not the best.
Keep reading to discover why we love this unit and why we consider it to be the top heat press machine.
- 12 x 15 transfer element
- Includes 2 plate presses, 1 cotton pad, 1 hat press and 1 mug press
- Adjustable height
- Temperature range: 32 - 430 degrees Fahrenheit
- Power: 1200 W
- Time control:0 - 999 seconds
- Power input: 110V
- Teflon-coated platen
- Full 360-degree swing rotation
- Comfortable rubber grip
- Removable cotton pad & silicone pad
- Digital controller that allows you to set the desired time and temperature
- Equipped with audible alarm right after the transfer is finalized
- Adjustable feet for uneven floor
- Weight: 52.4 pounds
- Dimensions: 20.6 x 19.3 x 20.2 inches
The F2C Pro 5 in 1 Digital-Transfer-Sublimation-Machine-Multifunction is a very strong contender for the title of best machines of the year. Despite its bulky size and heaviness, this 5-in-1 heat press machine has managed to impress us with its versatility, utility and ease of use. You can easily switch between tasks and use the sublimation technique to create beautiful t-shirts, mugs or caps.
Everything is adjustable at this unit, from the silicone pad and the base height to the timer, temperature and end time. This all-in-one press is an excellent choice for every single printing business which values personalization and high level of details over anything else.
- Includes a whole lot of unique features that could prove invaluable in any setting. For instance, the adjustable feet are just gorgeous for shops that do not have an even floor. The 360-degree swing design is perfect for people who want increased safety and ease of use.
- Extremely versatile: adjustability and personalization are simply astounding for this unit
- Perfect for graphic printing businesses that have mixed orders of t-shirts, mugs, caps and ceramic tiles
- Not the best design in the world
- Quite heavy & bulky unit that takes a lot of space
- Does not heat at over 430 degrees Fahrenheit
ShareProfit 12’’ X 15’’ 6 In 1 Digital Heat Press
The specialists from ShareProfit have managed to engineer a gorgeous heat press machine suitable for large orders. The 12’’ X 15’’ digital heat press can be purchased in two versions: 6 in 1 and 8 in 1. The standard 6 in 1 unit includes a platen press, two extra plate presses, two mug presses and a hat press. On the other hand, the heat press machine 8 in 1 includes two extra mug presses on top of the standard configuration.
Depending on your needs, you should choose between the two knowing that the only notable difference is the two extra mug presses. If you have large orders of mug prints, then the 8 in 1 version should be the obvious choice.
The introduction makes this unit sound quite unique. Are the features as interesting?
- Weight: 56.22 pounds
- Dimensions: 20.1 x 18.1 x 16.5 inches
- 2in1 digital controller to set time & temperature
- Swing-away design that includes 6 or 8 attachments
- Removable base for ease of personalization
- Power input: 110V
- Power: 1000W
- Temperature range: 32-430 Fahrenheit degrees
- Adjustable height
- Comfortable rubber grip
- Time control: 0-999 seconds
Despite its bulky frame, the ShareProfit 12’’ x 15’’ is an amazing 6 in 1 heat press machine that trumps the competition due to its innovative features and benefits. Being extremely easy to use and quite versatile, this unit can help automate your printing jobs and cut back on the time spent doing your job.
Even if it is not that powerful as other units and does not look amazingly well, the ShareProfit could make for quite a good and reliable heat press machine, especially when you need to perform a multitude of tasks all at once.
- Non-stick surface that does not require the use of a separate Teflon/silicone sheet
- Allows you to make use of 6, respectively 8 elements to create amazing prints on mugs, t-shirts, caps, license plates and many other items
- The rubber grip is extremely comfortable and could prevent you from experiencing the side effects of continuous use
- The long arm handle is extremely easy to use and requires minimum effort: this allows you to save precious time in the process and streamline your activity
- Not very powerful at only 1000W
- Does not look as good as other heat press units available on the market
Using the Shareprofit Heat Press
Video about Using the Shareprofit Heat Press
Mophorn Heat Press 12"x 10"
The Mophorn Heat Press is a very small unit that does not seem impressive at a first glance. However, after taking a closer look, you can’t but notice the beautiful industrial design, the exceptional quality and the ease of use.
The Mophorn Heat Press 12x10 is much more than it looks. Looks can definitely be treacherous.
Keep reading to discover how this heat press can truly impress both graphic printing businesses and customers.
- Power: 550W
- Temperature range: 32 – 430 Fahrenheit degrees
- Timer control: 0-999 seconds
- Heating platen size: 12 x 10 inches
- Unique swing away design that enables a 360-degree movement
- Enables you to transfer photos & words on fiber, cotton, metal, glass and ceramic
- Perfect for small shops
- Weight: 27 pounds
- Dimensions: 16.9 x 15 x 14.6 inches
- Voltage: 110V
- Equipped with a digital timer and control for increased accuracy
- Pre-installed element for ease of usage
- Pressure adjustment knob that allows for a wide range of pressure level
- Non-stick, Teflon-coated element
This unit is more than able to surprise graphic printing business owners. Do not be deceived by its light design. The Mophorn Heat Press is surprisingly resistant to scratches and failures.
In fact, this might be one of the most durable heat press machines available on the market. The plates are seamlessly integrated with the top unit for perfect maneuverability and exquisite operation.
Thanks to the swing away design, using this unit becomes a breeze. Moreover, due to its lightweight construction, you can easily carry it from one place of the shop to the other.
- Rigid steel construction that makes this device last long in time as well as extremely durable in the long run
- Digital LCD timer that allows you to set the temperature and the pressure in no time at all
- The lower platen is upgraded for allowing more room for the t-shirts
- The Teflon-coated element is durable, non-stick, preventing failed or scorched transfers
- The heating element is extremely small and only suitable for small orders
- Offers low power which makes it unsuitable for large orders
Hotronix Fusion 16"x20"
And finally, at the end of this list of the 10 most high-rated heat press machines available online, we have ourselves a completely unique device. This unit literally stands out of the market by being the only all American-made unit. This heat press represents a major step up from any other heat presses released on the market, coming with exceptional features that are completely unique. Of course, the price is also a bit high.
The Hotronix Fusion heat press with a swing-away design is unlike any other heat press available on the market. This product is specially designed to cater to the needs of commercial graphic printing businesses that want a reliable helper in tackling the vast number of orders.
This high-quality machine comes with certain features such as preset functions, threadability and sleep mode in order to exceed customer expectations and ease the printing process.
Did we get your attention? Read further to discover if this unit is a good choice for you!
- Large 16 x 20 heat platen: you also have the option to purchase other types of platens, with various sizes
- You can quickly change platens
- Equipped with touchscreen display that is extremely reliable and quite versatile in providing you all the information you need
- Can be either used as a draw or swing press
- Equipped with auto on/off feature
- Finished with high-quality, durable powder coat and made entirely in the USA
- Lifetime warranty for the heating element, 5 years for major components, 2 years on circuitry board and 1 year on labor and parts
- CE/ UL/ ULC approved
- Wattage: 120 Volts
- Power: 1750 watts
- Weight: 150 pounds
There are so many great things about this heat press machine.
The Hotronix Fusion is undoubtedly a one-of-a-kind heat press machine. Probably its only drawbacks are the high price and the heavy size. On the other hand, it has plenty of positive aspects.
For starters, it comes with a unique feature called “threadability”. This feature enables you to slip a garment, such as a t-shirt or sweater, over the press. In other words, you can ensure that only the side that is receiving the new design is caught between the plates.
Threadability ensures that there is less likelihood of zippers or seams, lumps or bumps. The pressure is even, and the garment gets the best adhesion. The end result is more than satisfactory.
Another great feature is the possibility to change the platens. You can literally adapt the press to the size of each garment by switching between platens.
Moreover, this is a dual style heat press that can be either used as a swing away or draw unit. Each style is excellent and should be used in certain circumstances. Usually, a thick sweater can be easier done with a draw style, while a dish towel or t-shirt can be done with a swing-away style.
Setting up the press is as easy as pie. The digital display is highly innovative, allowing to enjoy multiple time settings and helping you to personalize your work.
- You get a stylus in the box to use with the machine
- The warranty is simply exceptional and could give you the peace of mind needed that this unit will last for several years
- This heat press machine 16x20 is an excellent unit that has rave reviews and comes with quite a positive feedback from numerous customers
- Can record the number of pressing cycles, keep tabs on all operations, show live pressure & temperature, save energy thanks to the 4hrs mode, and enable for quick shirt loading thanks to the EZ-On platen.
- The innovative EZ-On platen helps you save a whole lot of time and completely eliminates the need for pads or pillows
- Gorgeous design with special cast aluminum frame
- Threadable platen that offers you an astounding number of benefits
- Extremely expensive: this unit requires a serious monetary involvement and might not be profitable for small graphic printing businesses
- Very heavy: at 150 pounds this unit is by far the heaviest commercial heat press machine ever released. When placing it in a certain spot, make sure you are not planning to move it from there in the near future
Print All Types of Stuff With a Heat Press Machine
Video about Print All Types of Stuff With a Heat Press Machine
Reasons you Need a Heat Press Machine
Every single graphic printing business would do well to have a heat press machine. With the right machinery, you can easily serve your base of customers and exceed their expectations in terms of quality and turnaround time. Without a heat press machine, it is impossible to fulfill your potential and grow your business.
Here are 7 quick reasons why you should upgrade to a heat press machine and give up that old screen printing machine:
- Easier to use: one of the biggest advantages of heat press machines over screen printing machines is that they are much easier to use. Even business owners with no previous experience in utilizing these machines can learn how to use them quickly & efficiently.
- Helps you save space: another huge benefit of using a heat press machine is that it takes less space than a standard screen printing machine. If you’ve always had the space problem in your shop, a modern heat printing unit could prove to be invaluable. You can literally place in on any desk or counter, right near your desktop, scanner or printer, and do your job easier and quicker than before.
- Cost-effective: as far as costs are concerned, a heat press machine could help you cut costs by up to 50%. As a graphic printing business, you can acquire one of these units for as little as $150. You can end up paying as much as $3,000 for a high-end model. Depending on the work volume, you can recoup your initial investment in as little as one week, especially if you have high margins. The great news is that heat press machines also yields extremely good margins for smaller orders, including hat prints or single prints.
- Fast: a heat press machine is much easier to use and works faster than any other graphic printing device available on the market. The speed with which your company can produce finished products is absolutely astounding. Each heat press machine is equipped with a unique control panel that enables you to streamline processes and increase the speed of work. Whether you have a series of small orders or a batch of large orders, a heat press machine is a right choice for you.
- Versatility: if you are one of those businesses that take orders for a wide range of materials, you will definitely appreciate the versatility offered by a heat press machine. These modern printing units enable you to print on a plethora of materials and garments, from satin and cotton to spandex, silk or even ceramics. Being equipped with a heat press machine enables you to accept a wide variety of printing orders, including tiles, mugs, clothes, hats, mousepads, ceramics, koozies and umbrellas. Furthermore, a heat press machine enables you to print on multiple parts of a clothing item. This allows you to achieve that wrap-around, over-the-shoulder print design people are so crazy about.
- Quality: another benefit of using heat press machines is the astounding quality you get. These units can help you print economically & quickly without sacrificing quality. As a matter of fact, some heat press machines showcased below offer a superior printing process than other technologies. Heat printing leaves a smooth image, with a high-quality graphic. On the other hand, graphic printing can result in a rough texture, especially if more than one color is used.
- Easy integration: and lastly, a heat press machine can be used in conjunction with several other printing techniques. For instance, the heat pressing technique works quite well with ink injection. You can easily apply colors by injecting them on the fabric, and then make them permanent by applying heat. Ultimately, a heat press is exceptional for sublimation, enabling you to add a protective gloss to ceramic tiles or other hard materials.
All Types of Heat Press Machines
How do you choose a type of heat press machine based on your unique needs?
Heat press machines, just like any other machinery out there, exist in a wide variety of models to cater to all the needs of customers. Even though they might look quite similar in appearance, it is important to be aware of the main differences between them.
Before you set out to purchase a heat press machine, you should be aware of the main types of heat presses available on the market.
Great. Let’s get to it!
- Draw heat presses: draw presses will draw the platen towards you. Since the work surface is movable, you need to be extra careful not to touch the material before the transfer has taken place.
- Swing away press machines: this is the most common type of heat presses. The swingers will take the upper platen away, usually allowing for a rotation of 360 degrees
- Clamshell: clamshell heat presses are equipped with a hinge between the upper and lower platen that is similar to a clamshell. There can be manual or automatic clamshell machines.
- Sublimation machines: these units offer you the benefits of transferring the color in such a manner that the transfer paper will not touch other areas of the garment. Sublimation heat presses are normally used in multi-transfer operations.
How to Buy the Best Heat Press Machine
As you keep reading, you will discover that we have already selected a heat press machine that we believe is the best in 2018.
However, your unique needs might differ, so you’ll have to take a look at certain characteristics and features of heat press machines to discover which unit is good for you.
Here are a series of questions you should ask when looking to buy a heat press machine:
- Do I need a small or heavy unit, that can accommodate large printing needs?
- Do I have enough room for the size of the unit?
- Do I want to print only on t-shirts or I also want to create unique mugs, hats and other items?
- How much am I willing to pay for a heat press machine?
- Do I prefer a swing-away design or a draw design?
- Is design important for me? Do I need to fit the new unit into the overall décor of my shop?
- All extremely helpful questions? What else about buying heat press machines?
How to Use Heat Press Machines for T-shirt Printing
Sounds easy enough!
Here is the process:
- Prepare the transfer paper: choose the type of transfer you want. You can choose from ink jet transfers, laser transfers, pre-printed transfers and die cut vinyl lettering
- Print the transfer on paper and trim it down if needed
- Set up the heat press: open up the lid, adjust the temperature & pressure, set the timer and select your favorite program (if applicable)
- Put the shirt between the platens, close the press and press the start button
A heat press machine with printer comes extremely useful here, as it allows you to use a pre-set model or to transfer the model from your computer to the heat press instantly.
How Does a Heat Press Machine Work?
It’s easier than you’ve thought!
A heat press machine is not as complex as it might look like. This unit operates at an exceptionally high speed to print an image or pattern on another surface, be it a garment, cup, hat, license plate, mouse pad or ceramic tile.
When the start button is pressed, the machine applies a significant amount of pressure on the board. The image is printed using the heat of up to 750 Fahrenheit. At this temperature, the design on the item will never vanish, even if you wash it.
Nothing complicated here, isn't it?back to menu ↑
Install Temperature and Time Range
What else about time & temperature?
Now, we recommend you to make your own tests in order to discover the ideal temperature and pressure range. As for time, each item needs around 10-15 minutes for the transfer to be completed. If you have hundreds of orders a week on the same item, try to experiment on that item with various temperature degrees and time ranges, in order to discover the perfect combination.
Being safe is crucial when using a heat press machine!
Indeed, nothing compares to having the peace of mind that you are safe. No one wants to touch a platen heated at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or accidentally feel the 80 psi pressure. The good news is that most heat press units are UL listen, so you should not worry that your new heat press machine might catch fire.
- However, if you’re planning to use the heat press continuously, you are safer by calling an electrician to install a new circuit.
- Never try to install a breaker all by yourself, but always call an experienced electrician. You can ask him to add a couple new circuits in order to take the load off the circuits you are already using.
- Do not use an extension cord on a heat press machine, unless you are rarely using it and it is a small one. The extra burden might destroy the circuits.
Other great advice?
Ultimately, never touch the press while it is hot and always take care where your hands are located. Use gloves if necessary for extra protection.back to menu ↑
There are 3 levels of heat press units you can purchase today: machines for beginners, intermediate users or professionals. Each one of these device caters to the needs of a specific group of people.
For example, while the Hotronix Fusion is clearly a perfect choice for advanced users, the Mophorn Heat Press 12x10 is suitable for beginners.
Heat presses for professionals contain more features, are better at streamlining processes and are usually more expensive than a unit with a beginner or intermediate level.back to menu ↑
Which Heat Press is the Right One for you?
Now we’ve finally reached the core of the issue!
So what is important for you is to decide which heat press is the right option for you.
For starters, think of what you need – a heat press for just t-shirts or a complex 5-in-1 or 8-in-1 heat press machine that allows you to print on mugs, caps and many other items?
Is a sublimation heat press machine 3d suitable for you, or can you stick with a simple t-shirt heat printing unit?
Second, take a look at the size. Larger presses are 16 x 20 and allow for an easier work and better designs, while smaller presses are 6 x 8 or 9 x 12 and are only suitable for small garments, jigsaw puzzles, mouse pads and ceramic tiles.
You should also look at the features & benefits offered by each heat press machine in order to decide if it’s a good choice for you. Ultimately, consider your product line once more and ensure that you are buying a heat press that allows you to design onto what you sell. For example, if your orders are comprised mainly of cups & mugs, you definitely need to purchase a heat press machine for cups.back to menu ↑
Size & Design
For most graphic printing businesses out there, design is not important at all. They just want a product that works seamlessly. However, we recommend you to get a unit that complements your shop’s unique design in order to leave a long-lasting impression in the minds of your customers.
For example, the Promo Heat Press Machine PRO-3804X is a great example of a gorgeous heat press machine that can boost the appeal of your shop.
As for size, you need to choose a heat press that fits in your shop. If you have plenty of room and you also have commercial or industrial needs, do not hesitate to invest in a unit that can help you fulfill all orders. If you have limited needs and you have random orders, buy a smaller unit, regardless of the space you have in your shop.
Maintain your heat press machine for an extended lifespan.
Do not forget, if you take care of your new heat press machine, it will also take care of your business. Usually, a heat press machine recoups its investment in a few weeks. After that, you get profit.
The first thing you need to do is to keep the upper platen sparkling clean. A smooth, clean surface is key to successful heat printing. To start, power off the unit, let it cool down and wipe it clean with a soft cloth filled with mineral spirits.
Another thing you can do is to protect the upper Teflon coating by avoiding placing buttons, zippers and anything else with sharp edges on it.back to menu ↑
A good warranty ensures that your investment is safe. If you are a heavy user, aim for a warranty of minimum 1 year. Most manufacturers offer one-year standard warranty but note that some only offer 6 months. So always contact the manufacturer before placing an order in order to discover if the warranty you will get is satisfactory.
Probably the best unit when it comes to warranty is the Hotronix Fusion. With 5 years of warranty, no one beats this professional heat press machine.back to menu ↑
What are some common questions about heat press machines?
For sure. All you need to do is to put a new Teflon sheet after you have done one side
No, you can easily heat press a t-shirt or any other type of garment without having to wash it
Depending on the wattage. A 1000W unit that works 3 hours a day does not consume too much power. It consumes the same power as a washing machine. On the other hand, a 1800W unit that functions for 10 hours requires two extra electrical fuses and an enhanced circuit.
What is your favorite heat press machine? Here is ours:
When it comes to choosing the best heat press machine out of dozens of units, we took into account several criteria.
- How famous the manufacturing company is
- Type of machine: clamshell machines are some of the best
- Innovative features: digital LCD control, ability to choose the temperature, pressure and time
- Dimensions: lightweight and small units are preferred over larger ones
- Extras: parallel arm handle, spring &pressure system
- Positive reviews
Considering all of the above factors, we decided to crown the Promo Heat Press Machine PRO-3804X as the most innovative heat press machine of 2018. We believe that this unit offers the best of all worlds, being suitable for both beginners and advanced users. Its astounding design can dramatically increase the appeal of your business among potential customers and can help you leave quite an impression.
Of course, we also have to offer a honorable mention to Hotronix Fusion, which is an exquisite heat press machine for large commercial or industrial use. However, its high price makes it unappealing to small and medium graphic printing businesses.