Want to make your home cleaning as convenient as possible?
Portable vacuums are the most common type of cleaners found in our homes. However, we all agree that using this type of vacuum cleaners can be a piece of work sometimes. As if that is not enough, all the noise and inconvenience, not to mention the smelly fumes that come from portable vacuums can cause so much discomfort.
In view of the aforementioned shortcomings, many homeowners are switching to central vacuum systems. Central vacuum systems remove harsh elements such as dirt, dust, pollen and debris from our homes to a waste receptacle in a remote location.
These systems are not only versatile but also powerful for deep cleaning. They also deliver cleaner air, free from allergens.
Here is a list of the ten best central vacuum systems that we recommend for your home.
Imperium CV300 Central Vacuum Power Unit
Do you want to know what excites us about this unit?
Well, you can install it on your own without calling a professional. It comes with mounting brackets, and DIY enthusiasts will just love anchoring the device in their basement or garage.
Here are a few more exciting features.
- Quiet Operation
The Imperium CV300 only produces 56DB of sound. This ensures that you can enjoy your vacuuming without disturbing the peace of your home.
- 5-gallon dirt receptacle
The unit comes with a 6.5-gallon dirt receptacle suitable for deep cleaning. With such a huge storage capacity, you do not need to empty the receptacle even after heavy cleaning.
- Galvanized steel construction
With an all-steel body construction and superior powder coating, you can be sure that this cleaner will serve you for years without wearing out.
- Rated 7,500 sq. ft
Most customers use this device to clean floor plans up to 6,000 square feet. However, it can clean up to 7,500 square feet without the motor burning out.
If you are looking for a vacuum unit that can clean your home as well as serve your pet grooming needs, then buying the Imperium CV200 is the real deal.
This vacuum system is not only efficient but also highly durable. With a 10-year motor warranty, you can rest assured that this unit will serve you for at least a decade with the option of free repairs and replacements.
- High Performance: Delivers 740 air watts and 138 CFM power suction
- Durable: Sturdy and well built galvanized steel construction
- Anti-corrosion: Superior powder coating to prevent rust and corrosion
- High capacity: Comes with a 6.5-gallon dirt container
- Versatile: Ideal for all home types and sizes up to 7,500 square feet
- Can be used for pet grooming
- Do-It-Yourself installation
- Quiet operation
- Fast shipping within five days
- Comes with a 10-year limited motor warranty
- This vacuum system is limited in availability.
- International clients pay higher shipping costs.
- The unit is relatively expensive but makes up for this by providing exceptional features
Electrolux 4B-H403 Honeywell Central Vacuum System Power Unit
Other than its durable steel body, this unit comes with a motor protection system that extends vacuum life. What is more amazing is that you do not need to clean the air filter manually since it comes with a permanent self-cleaning HEPA filtration. This vacuum cleaner can clean a maximum of 3,000 square foot space effortlessly without jamming.
Are you ready to learn more about this system? Of course, you do. Here are some more product features.
- Dual-stage motor
This system comes with a dual-stage motor that delivers 110 inches of suction power. The motor also delivers 500 watts of air power and 120 CFM of airflow.
- 4-Gallon dirt receptacle with viewing window
With a 4-gallon dirt container, you can use this vacuum cleaner for months or even years without emptying the receptacle. The receptacle comes with a viewing window, which allows you to establish the amount of dirt in the container.
- Noise-reducing technology
Noise is no longer a problem when it comes to vacuuming using the Honeywell system. It features a noise-reduction facility that ensures quiet operations when using the system.
- Mounting bracket
The Honeywell H403 comes with a mounting bracket for quick installation and anchoring.
If you live in a condominium, townhouse or a starter home covering less than 3000 square feet, then the Electrolux Honeywell H403 system is what you need for your home. This vacuum system is not only durable but also offers superior strength and performance.
As if that is not enough, this unit does not produce excessive noise, leading to quieter cleaning experiences. Furthermore, this system does not require venting, and this means that the environment around your basement or garage will remain free from harsh elements as well.
- Versatility: This system can clean homes of all types efficiently. The cleaner can reach all different corners and places that portable cleaners cannot
- High Capacity: Comes with a 4-Gallon dirt receptacle
- Durability: Consists of a durable steel construction, plus a motor protection system of extended system life
- High Performance: Consists of a dual stage motor that delivers 110 suction power and 500 watts of air power
- Affordability: At less than $300, this vacuum system is fairly priced
- Warranty: Comes with a 5 -year limited warranty
- Some customers claim that the motor overheats after some time.
- Other customers claim that the suction is weak.
Electrolux PU3650 QuietClean Central Vacuum Unit
Do you want to know more? We bet you do.
This unit also comes with a muffler and mounting bracket for easy and secure anchoring. Furthermore, you can install this vacuum system on your own, without enlisting the services of a professional. If you want to make your family happy this Christmas, start budgeting for this highly effective vacuum unit.
Let us have a look at some more features.
- LCD display
The Electrolux PU3650 comes with an LCD display unit that provides information on the status of the system. You can easily know when is the right time to empty the dirt container using the information on the LCD display.
- Quiet operation
As the name implies, this system uses sound-reduction technology to deliver quieter vacuuming experiences. It ensures that both the power unit and the electric power brush produce minimal noise.
- Central vacuum utility inlet
This system comes with a central vacuum utility inlet that allows you to connect the vacuum cleaner to the remote power unit.
Do you want to know what we like about this system?
Well, the Electrolux PU3650 is a heavy-duty system that is ideal for up to 8,000 square feet of space. This means that it has the ability to remove dust, pollen and other allergens from a wider area. The fact that this system talks to you via the LCD display makes it one of the ideal vacuum cleaners for your home.
So, give it a try and remember to let us know how it goes.
- LCD screen display for system status
- Suitable for large homes and buildings (covers up to 8,000 sq. ft.)
- Delivers 600 watts of air power ideal for deep cleaning
- Highly durable due to its self-cleaning filtration features
- Do- It- Yourself installation
- Product comes with a utility inlet unlike a number of other central vacuum systems
- It comes with a 10 -year limited warranty
- The system does not come with extra accessories. You have to buy the accessories separately
- Comparatively expensive, but makes up for this with its great features
- Some customers complained that the system is easily susceptible to damage
- A number of clients raised concerns about poor customer service from Electrolux
Electrolux PU3650 QuietClean Central Vacuum Unit User Manual
Congratulations! You are now the proud owner of a Electrolux Built-in Vacuum System . . . . . the ultimate in cleaning equipment. Say “good-bye” to old fashioned sweepers. You’ll never have to lug a heavy, awkward vacuum again. Your Electrolux Built-in Vacuum will change your cleaning routine. It is so easy and versatile to use. It’s quiet and dust-free. It will help eliminate the drudgery of vacuuming and give you a cleaner, healthier indoor environment. Before you use your Electrolux Built-in Vacuum System, read this manual carefully. Learning the proper way to use this system will help give you years of trouble-free cleaning performance.
Prolux CV12000 Central Vacuum Power Unit
Well, the Prolux CV12000 can clean homes of all types and sizes quietly and effortlessly. Experts consider it the most powerful vacuum system, as it comes with a 2-speed motor that delivers 150 CFM of airflow.
But wait – there’s more. This system is highly durable, as it consists of a powdered coated steel body that can last for years.
Are you eager to learn more? Then read along.
- Bagless HEPA Filtration
This system does not use dirt bags. Instead, it comes with a special dirt chamber that has a viewing window, which will help you know when the container is full. Additionally, this unit uses a washable HEPA filter that is easy to maintain.
- Central Vacuum Electric Hose Power Nozzle Kit
Unlike most vacuum cleaners that come with limited accessories, the Prolux CV12000 comes with an electric hose power nozzle kit that makes cleaning swift and effortless. All you have to do is connect the nozzle to the power unit via the inlets and use the vacuum unit as usual.
- Rated for 12,000 Sq Ft
The Prolux CV12000 is extremely powerful, and it is ideal for homes of up to 12,000 square feet. What is more amazing about this vacuum unit is that it cleans dirt, dust, pollen and other allergens without recycling these elements back into the cleaned areas.
- 25-Year Warranty
This central vacuum system comes with a 10-year motor warranty and a 25-year body warranty. This means that you can use this vacuum power unit without worrying about repair and maintenance costs.
So, here’s the deal!
If you want a central vacuum system that can last a lifetime, then the Prolux CV12000 vacuum power unit is what you need. The fact that it can serve any type of home regardless of size makes it even better.
So what are you waiting for?
Acquire the Prolux 12000 system today and start enjoying effortless cleaning experiences.
Considered the most powerful vacuum cleaner available today
- 2-speed motor for high performance
- Sturdy and well-built body for enhanced durability
- Comes with washable filters that are easy to clean
- Suitable for all home types and sizes
- Extremely affordable considering its amazing features
- Can be anchored to any type of wall
- Very quiet despite its powerful suction
- Comes with a 10-year and 25-year, motor and body warranty respectively
- A few customers complained about the hose power nozzle kit having problems
- Some clients claim the system does not function optimally in bigger houses
Allegro MU4500 Champion – 6000 Sq. Ft. Home Central Vacuum System
As if that is not enough, this vacuum unit has a high storage capacity as it contains a 5-Gallon dirt container, which allows you to use the system for a long time without emptying it.
What added features does this unit have?
- All-Steel body construction
This system unit consists of an all-steel body construction originating from Canada. It can withstand wear and tear when cleaning under tough conditions.
- Extra accessories
The Allegro MU4500 is one of the few vacuum cleaners that come as a complete set. It comes complete with a 30-foot electric hose, cleaning tool set, hose cover, dust mob and carpet power head
- Permanent self-cleaning maintenance
This system uses a permanent self-cleaning filtration system. This means you will not have to remove the filters for cleaning. Additionally, it comes with a permeability microfiber filter for easy maintenance.
- Anti-corrosion finish
The Allegro MU4500 is coated with epoxy powder, which is an excellent agent against corrosion perforation. You can rest assured that this system will stand the test of time as a far as corrosion is concerned.
- Rated 6,000 Sq. Ft
This system is all-powerful and is suitable for all home types and sizes falling under 6,000 square feet. It can clean your home or office efficiently without retaining any harsh elements after the vacuuming process.
In a nutshell, the Allegro MU4500 is a vacuum system unit that performs well beyond expectations. It is powerful, durable and the unit comes as a complete set.
What more could you have asked for?
If you are yet to purchase a vacuum system for your home, consider acquiring this beauty. Trust us you’ll be glad you did!
- 2-stage motor with a 5.7-inch fan system for the ultimate performance
- Heavy-duty all-steel construction for enhanced durability
- It comes with a high-capacity 5-Gallon collection receptacle
- Comes as a complete set
- Coated with epoxy powder for the ultimate protection against corrosion perforation
- Quiet operation
- Fast shipping and delivery (Takes about 2-3 days)
- Comes with a 7-year manufacturer’s warranty
- At over $700, the price of this product is on the higher side
- According to some customers, some of the replaceable parts may not be as durable as claimed
Honeywell 4B-H803 Quiet Pro Central Vacuum System Power Unit
This unit can clean up to 12,000 square feet effortlessly, without the motor burning out. With its sturdy and well-built steel construction, you can use this vacuum unit for decades without making any repairs or replacements.
Let us have a look at some more features.
- 7-gallon dirt receptacle with viewing window
This system comes with a 7-gallon dirt container that provides a high storage capacity. You can easily know if the container is full using the viewing window.
- Bagless filtration system
The Honeywell 4B-H803 does not require bags as it uses the self-cleaning HEPA filtration system with H10 performance.
- High-tech ultra quiet performance
This machine is renowned for its ultra-quiet performance. You can literally hear the sound of a needle drop while vacuuming using the Honeywell 4B-H803.
Can we be totally honest with you?
The Honeywell 4B-H803 is what you need if you have kids or elderly loved ones in the house. This is because it does not produce irritating noise when in use.
Furthermore, this system delivers when it really matters. It can clean extra large floor plans of up to 12,000 square feet or more.
So what are you waiting for?
Try this central vacuum system and let us know how it goes.
- Comes with a dual motor that delivers 600 watts and 135 power suction for high performance
- Sturdy and well-built steel construction for enhanced durability
- Comes with self-cleaning filters for easy maintenance
- 7-gallon dirt receptacle for high capacity disposal of dirt
- It has a motor protection system for extended system life
- Rated 12,000 sq. Ft. and is suitable for all types of homes
- Do-It-Yourself installation
- Noise-reducing technology for quiet operations
- Low shipping weight of 41 lbs
- Comes with a 5-year limited warranty
- Shipping is not available in all countries. You have to confirm with your supplier before placing your order.
- Comparatively expensive when compared to other similar products
All Steel Canadian Made Top Quality Central Vacuum Ultra Clean Power Unit
This vacuum system has a dual-stage fan system bypass motor that can clean up to 7,500 square feet sparkling clean without retaining any dirt or dust. The motor is highly reliable as it contains a micro-fiber permanent filter.
Furthermore, the unit encompasses a superior filtration system that allows you to use either a filtration bag or a metal receptacle to collect dirt. What is more exciting is that you get a free exhaust muffler when you purchase this system.
- Low voltage connection
This device has a low voltage connection of 120 volts, which makes it easier to turn the unit on and off conveniently when plugging the hose in the wall inlets
- Electrostatic powder coat finish
The All Steel Canadian Ultra Clean power unit is literally baked in epoxy powder to protect the system from corrosion. The powder coating covers both the inside and the outside of the unit to guarantee life-long protection.
- Mounting brackets
This system comes with mounting brackets that make it very easy to install the unit anywhere in your home. Furthermore, you can install the unit without seeking professional help.
The ultra-clean central vacuum system is probably what you need if your home covers 7,500 square feet or less. This system can transform the cleanliness of your home in a matter of minutes when operating optimally. Costing less than $350, there is no reason why this unit should not be part of your essential home equipment.
- High Performance: The system consists of a powerful motor that delivers 550 air watts and 121 CFM airflow.
- Quality: It is a top quality power unit manufactured in Canada
- Versatility: Can clean all types of homes and floor plans of up to 7,500 square feet
- Durability: All-steel body that is well built and highly durable
- Extra Accessories: Comes with a free exhaust muffler upon purchase
- Affordability: It is extremely affordable and costs just about $330
- Warranty: The product comes with a 5-year manufacturer’s limited warranty
- The product does not ship to all countries. This means that you will have to pay more for shipping costs
- The unit is a little bit noisy when compared to other vacuum systems
- Some clients complained that the disposable bags that come with the product do not fit well
back to menu ↑
Purvac Barracuda Central Vacuum Unit
It gets better. The Purvac Barracuda central vacuum unit has a lifetime body warranty and a 25-year motor warranty. This means that you and your family can use this system for generations to come.
Let’s have a look at some more product features.
- 4-Gallon Dirt Capacity
The Purvac Barracuda is compact and can only accommodate 4-gallons of dirt and other harsh elements. Its small size is advantageous since it is much easier to empty the contents once full.
- Hybrid Unit
This system uses a hybrid filtration system. You have the option to use either a bag or the container unit (bagless option). However, the manufacturers recommend that you use a bag to extend the life of the filter system and motor.
- Quiet Operation
Apart from its massive suction power, the Purvac Barracuda is a quiet operator. It only produces sound of up to 57 decibels, which is quite manageable when cleaning the home.
Do you want to know more about the Purvac Barracuda? Well, here it is.
This unit is a compact, highly efficient central vacuum system that will make a great addition to your home cleaning equipment. If you fancy a piece of equipment that is not a hassle to maintain, then consider buying this vacuum unit.
- Easy to install
- Compact size and design that make it adaptable to all home spaces
- Ideal for floor plans of up to 9,000 square feet
- Hybrid unit that gives you more cleaning options
- Uses the HEPA filtration for easy maintenance
- Quiet operation
- Delivers high air power and airflow of 808 watts and 140 CFM respectively
- Lifetime body warranty and a 25-year motor warranty
- Highly priced product
- Can only contain 4-gallons of waste
VacuMaid S2400 Cyclonic Power Unit
What we like about this brand is that it is not messy. Its Cyclonic filtration allows for mess-free dirt disposal. Furthermore, this central vacuum for garage does not produce any noise during operation.
- Ametek Lamb motor
This central vacuum system comes with a tangential by-pass motor that offers powerful self-cleaning capabilities. You can rest assured that using this unit will not leave anything in a mess.
- Manufactured in the United States
Many people prefer appliances manufactured in the US due to the strict conformity to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). The production of the VacuMaid unit complies with all manufacturing standards.
- Air Channel
VacuMaid comes with an air channel that allows for the use of can liners for debris-free disposals.
- Steel Construction
Like most modern vacuum systems, this unit comes in a steel body that is highly durable and can withstand harsh conditions
If you are sick and tired of hauling around portable vacuum cleaners, then this central vacuum system will provide you with the much-needed rest that you deserve. Vacuuming has never been easier, thanks to the VacuMaid central vacuum for RV. Try this unit today, and you will never regret you did.
- High Performance: The system delivers 631 air watts and 121 CFM
- Durability: This system consists of a durable steel body that can withstand harsh elements
- High Capacity: It comes with a 9.5-gallon receptacle
- Maintenance: It comes with a cyclonic filtration that makes it easy to clean and maintain
- Rated 10,000 sq. ft. and is ideal for all types of buildings
- The system produces low sound during operation
- Free shipping is only available in specific countries like the USA and Canada
- Moderately on the higher end in terms of pricing, when compared to other similar units
- No information about warranty
Drainvac DV1R15-FL Wet/Dry 10-Gallon System
This central vacuum system consists of a motor that can create an airflow of up to 106 CFM and water lift of 160. With so much power at your disposal, you can use this unit to clean floor plans of up to 12,000 square feet, effortlessly.
But wait, there’s more!
It comes with a 10-gallon dirt receptacle that includes a float to show the water status of the unit. The Drainvac DV1R15-FL is in a class of its own as it also comes with other central vacuum accessories such as an external muffler and outdoor exhaust.
- Premium Motor
It comes with a premium motor that delivers 2x355 air watts and 106 CFM. It can serve all your cleaning needs swiftly in a single clean-up exercise. This system is also ideal for deep cleaning, considering its powerful nature.
- ABS Resin housing
The Drainvac vacuum system comes in an Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene resin housing that is highly durable and can last a lifetime without rusting or corroding.
- Lifetime Warranty
The product comes with a limited lifetime warranty. This gives you the peace of mind that you can replace the product at any time, whenever you experience a technical problem.
This central vacuum system is popular for a reason. The fact that it can clean both wet and dry substances makes it the ideal choice for most homes.
Additionally, it can take care of homes as large as 12,000 square feet without the motor overheating. With dirt receptacle as large as 10 gallons, you can rest assured that you will not be visiting the disposal site anytime soon.
Let’s have a look at some of the upsides and downsides of this vacuum system.
- High-Performance - This unit delivers 710 air watts and 100 CFM air power
- Durability – Comes in an ABS resin housing that is indestructible
- Versatility – Can clean both liquid and dry substances
- Innovative - Comes with a float that shows that maximum water level has been reached
- User-friendliness - Easy to use, maintain and dump waste
- High Capacity – It has a 10-gallon dirt-receptacle
- The Drainvac vacuum system is expensive and costs close to $1,000
- Free shipping is only available in specific countries. International members have to pay more for shipping
Buying Guide: How to Buy the Best Central Vacuum System for Your Home
Finding the most appropriate central vacuum system for your home is not an easy task. That is why we are here to help. We are going to show you what to look for when buying a vacuum power unit.
Firstly, let us have a look at the types of central vacuums available in the market today.
Central Vacuum Buyer's Guide
Video about Central Vacuum Buyer's Guide
Types of Central Vacuums
Central Vacuum systems come in two types. What makes them distinct is the type of filtration system used. These include:
Filtered central vacuum systems use common filtration materials such as cloth, paper, form and screen to clean the air that goes through the system during a cleaning operation. This type of filtration system requires regular replacement of air filters after a certain period.
Cyclonic systems use some kind of centrifugal force to clean the air that goes into the vacuum system. Most cyclonic systems do not use a dirtbag. Instead, dirt is deposited into a separate dirt receptacle.
This type of motor is found in cheaper vacuum systems and is common in traditional canister vacuum cleaners. They are more powerful than other types of motors but require more cooling to function optimally. These motors cool themselves by allowing vacuumed air to pass over the armature.
Peripheral bypass motors come with cooling fans that automatically blow fresh air through the armature when in operation. They are reliable than flow-through motor since they use clean air only.
Tangential bypass central motors are the most common and are built to last. They redirect all heated impurities away from the motor using a special mechanism integrated into the system. The dirty exhaust is disposed to a remote dirt container.
How to Use a Central Vacuum System
Do you want to learn how to use your new system?
We bet you do!
Central vacuum systems are becoming so popular because they are easy to use. Furthermore, they can clean huge floor plans effortlessly without producing noise like backpack leaf blowers. As if that is not enough, you do not need to carry a heavy load from room to room when cleaning.
1. Make sure the system is installed correctly before performing any operation
2. Plug in the lightweight hose and power brush unit that come with the system into the wall inlet
3. Switch on the power button and start vacuuming as you would normally do with a traditional cleaner
4. Switch off the system when done
5. You may need to check your dirt receptacle every three months depending on the size of your house
6. Empty your dirt canisters or central vacuum bags when full
back to menu ↑
Another not so common, but indestructible material used is Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene resin. This material can last a lifetime without rusting, corroding or wearing away. It's also used in making various power tools like air impact wrenches and staple guns.
Main Benefits of Central Vacuum Units
Decided that you want to install the system?
We all agree that central vacuum units are the easiest household appliances to use. You do not have to haul a heavy vacuum system around the house in the name of vacuuming. In fact, most people who have central vacuum systems in their homes enjoy the fun that they bring. You can clean a 12,000 sq. ft. house effortless using this kind of system.
Central vacuum systems use noise-reduction technology to ensure quieter operations during vacuuming. This gives you the peace of mind that your cleaning chores will not disturb anyone in the house.
Central vacuums can clean even the tightest of places. If you find a central vacuum with a retractable hose, you can clean corners and different types of surfaces that portable vacuums cannot. Furthermore, this type of vacuum is ideal for homes of all types and sizes.
When it comes to deep cleaning, central vacuum cleaners are three times stronger than portable vacuums. In addition, they last longer considering that the motor is stationary in a remote location.
Apart from adding value to your property, central vacuum cleaners are cheaper in the long run. Most come with lifetime warranties, and this means that you do not have to worry about repairs and replacements.
This type of vacuum cleaner has the ability to clean large floor plans without recycling dirt back to the cleaned areas. This ensures that you are exposed to cleaner air, free from allergens.back to menu ↑
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to install a central vacuum power unit:
- Select a suitable position in your garage or basement to anchor the power unit
- Mount the power unit to the wall in the selected area
- Hang the vacuum canister on its mounting brackets
- Hold up the exhaust line and muffler where it meets the wall
- Mount the exhaust vent to its exterior wall cap
- Run vacuum system tubing to the inlet hole
- Connect electric hose pipe to the wall inlet
- Run your vacuum system accordingly
Cleaning a Central Vacuum System
Most central vacuum systems do not require cleaning. They use a self-cleaning filtration to keep the system clean. If your unit requires manual cleaning, then remove the washable filters and clean with soap and water, then leave it to dry naturally.back to menu ↑
Central vacuum systems are not portable. However, the electric hosepipe that connects to the remote power unit and dirt receptacle is portable and can clean the tightest of places.
Yes. Most of Central vacuum systems come with warranties ranging from 5 years to lifetime warranties.
Usually, the vacuum sells alone, so you do need to buy hoses and brushes. But more and more brands have bundle options and you receive all at once.
After all, is said and done, it is time to give our unbiased verdict. Are you eager to know our recommendation? Here it is.
We recommend the Imperium CV300 Central Vacuum Power Unit. What makes this so special?
The Imperium CV300 is highly powerful and delivers 740 air watts. What is more amazing is that it is extremely affordable. At only $448, you can have this unit operating in your home within a few days. Furthermore, it comes with all mounting hardware and paper bags for disposal.
As if that’s not enough…
This unit is coated with superior powder finish for protection against rust and corrosion. If you are looking for a central vacuum system that can clean up to 7,500 square feet effortlessly, then consider acquiring the Imperium CV300.