Don’t you want to replace that old shovel with a new, modern snow blower?
During the cold winter months, you probably have to deal with a lot of back & shoulder aches. You are so used to that old shovel that replacing it with a modern device seems surreal.
Fortunately, since inexpensive snow blowers have stormed the market, you can now have fun when clearing the snow while at the same time enjoying a pain-free holiday together with your loved ones.
No one enjoys having a sore back, right?
That’s why you need to discover the best 2 stage snow blower under $1000 and ease your work like never before. If you live in an area where getting a lot of snow is typical for the cold season, then it is even more important to spare yourself the fatigue, pain and loss of time of using a shovel for snow removal.
Even if you are fit and you enjoy making some exercises, shoveling could prove impossible if you have to clear a driveway, a backyard and three sidewalks in a matter of hours.
Snow blowers are an excellent choice for clearing out deep, dense snow, in a very short amount of time. Featuring easily adjustable chute deflectors, powerful independent wheels and assisted maneuver, these modern devices can help you save a whole lot of time and have fun while performing the difficult task of snow removal.
Why haven’t you bought one already?
Probably because you have never heard of a snow blower or snow thrower before. Or maybe because you though these devices are extremely expensive and are out of the discussion, as buying one could make a big hole in your budget.
We know that your time is precious, so let’s dive straight into it. Here are 10 fabulous snow blowers under $1000 that can meet your needs and even exceed your wildest expectations.
|Product Name||Image||Engine||Overall Rating||Details|
|Poulan PRO PR241 Electric Start Snowblower||208 cc||10||Check price|
|Power Smart DB7651 Two-Stage Snow Thrower with Electric Start||208 cc||9||Check price|
|Briggs & Stratton 1696610 Snow Thrower||208 cc||9||Check price|
|Husqvarna ST224 Snow Blower||208 cc||9.5||Check price|
|YARDMAX YB5765 22"||196 cc||8.5||Check price|
|Power Smart DB7103 Snow Thrower 24”||208 cc||8||Check price|
|Power Smart DB7103 Snow Thrower 26”||212 cc||8.5||Check price|
|Yard Machines 24-Inch||179 cc||7.5||Check price|
|DAYE DS24E 2-stage Snow Thrower||208 cc||7||Check price|
|Troy-Bilt Storm 2890||243 cc||8||Check price|
Poulan PRO PR241 Electric Start Snowblower
When it comes to buying a 2-stage snow blower for under $1000, the design is a very important aspect. Although most snow throwers look quite the same, with orange gear case and orange auger, some units stand out of the crowd thanks to their unique design. One of these snow throwers is Poulan PRO PR241.
Poulan PRO PR241 is an electric start snow blower that looks simply gorgeous. The black/yellow design stands in contrast to the white surroundings. Of course, this unit is also powerful enough to compete with any other snow blower in its price range.
Did we manage to stir up your interest?
- 208 cc pro engine with 9.5 HP and electric start
- Wheel size: 13 x 4 inches
- 24” clearing width and 23” height
- 4 position adjustable handle height
- High-quality headlight lens for improved visibility, especially during the night or low-light conditions
- Reduced tipping force thanks to the solid build
- Powerful ribbon auger that can break ice and snow alike
- Console mounted chute that can be remotely controlled to redirect the snow to your desired location
- 180-degree chute rotation
- 2 years standard warranty + 4 years engine warranty
- Durable skid plates & friction disk drive
- Weight: 240 pounds
- Dimensions: 35 x 28.5 x 52.25 inches
In addition to looking exquisite, the Poulan PRO PR241 is a snow thrower that does its job flawlessly. This powerful unit can easily absorb snow, ice and small rocks from your gravel areas, large paved areas, sidewalks and driveways.
Thanks to the advanced security features, such as improved friction disk transmission, adjustable handle height and easy-to-use control panel, the risk of accidents is dramatically reduced.
The bolted auger housing comes as a great alternative to the standard welded housing, offering increased security and durability. Moreover, the remote chute rotation is simply excellent, especially if you are dealing with a lot of snow and you need to change the direction of the deflected snow.
To top it all, this unit is manufactured by Poulan. This innovative company has been designed lawn mowers, snow blowers, chainsaws and riding mowers for over 7 decades. All of their products bear the mark of Poulan’s innovation and creativity.
Poulan PRO PR241 is not just the best-looking snow thrower in the neighborhood, but also one of the most reliable, useful and powerful.
- Adjustable handle height for ease of use and fewer back pains
- 6 forward and 1 reverse speeds for ease of maneuverability
- Gorgeous design that could stir up the envy of your neighbors, and even of passerby
- Powerful and durable engine built to last: even if it fails, you have 4 years of warranty to back you up
- Remote chute and deflector for better control and easier usage
- Manufactured by a famous company with decades of experience in the residential & commercial outdoor equipment industry
- 4-year warranty on the engine, which gives you the peace of mind that your investment is safe
- Quite a big snow blower that might be difficult to assemble
- Comes with only one speed in reverse
Poulan Pro 24
Video about Poulan Pro 24
Power Smart DB7651 Two-Stage Snow Thrower with Electric Start
Just like many before your time, you have probably decided to remove the snow all by yourself. However, this year the snow layer is thicker than before, and you have less time to deal with it. Power Smart DB7651 could prove to be exactly what you need if you want to tackle the snow in your backyard, walkways, and driveways.
This powerful device is a fun way to get rid of all that pesky snow. Thanks to the adjustable snow skid shoes, you can alter the height of the scraper in order to easily remove snow from any type of surface. Whether it’s dirt, ice, concrete or grass, the Power Smart DB7651 makes for an excellent snow thrower.
Still not sure that this snow blower under $1000 could help you deal with the snow? Here are some of its features that might be able to convince you.
- 5 HP that works excellent for heavy snowfall
- Storm Force Engine with electric start for easy usage and perfect start, even in harsh conditions of frost
- Snow clearing width of 24 inch and depth of 20 inch
- Has 4 forward speeds and 2 reverse speeds
- Equipped with 13 by 4 snow wheels
- Is equipped with a 180-degree chute rotation for enhanced snow-blowing control
- 12-inch serrated, stainless-steel auger
- 1-year limited warranty
- Dimensions: 38 x 26 x 30 inches
- Weight: 180 pounds
The Power Smart DB7651 is a powerful, modern two-stage snow blower that is extremely easy to assemble and utilize. The direction control lever and the drive speed are both conveniently located on the front panel, making it extremely easy for you to direct the device and to ensure it doesn’t remain stuck in the snow.
Thanks to the 12-inch serrated auger, this unit can easily pull snow into the blower without being damaged in the process. Moreover, the push button ensures a quick start. No more frustrating experiences fighting with recoil starters.
- Can be assembled in less than 45 minutes
- Allows you to cut through heavy snow with ease
- Throws the snow far away due to the strong motor
- Very easy to start and to maneuver, even in dense snow
- Equipped with everything you need in order to do your job flawlessly
- Need to tighten the bolts all the way in to ensure the device will run smoothly
- The tension cable and the belt might fail after multiple uses
Powersmart DB7651 Snow Blower Thrower Operation
Video about Powersmart DB7651 Snow Blower Thrower Operation
Briggs & Stratton 1696610 Snow Thrower with 208cc Engine
A good snow blower can help you save hours and hours of precious time in dealing with the snow during the cold season. However, as you are probably already aware of, the wear & tear of snow throwers is as real as it gets. In other words, snow, ice and mud can put a lot of strain on your unit and can break it after only one year.
That’s why the engineers from Briggs & Stratton have decided to offer their customers a flawless experience, by adding a 3-year warranty for the equipment and engine. This means that you can use the Briggs & Stratton 1696610 Snow Thrower as much as you wish, or even borrow it to your neighbors.
You can even use it on a daily basis during the winter because you are insured. The 3-year warranty offers you the peace of mind that the manufacturer will repair the unit in case it breaks due to overuse.
If you need peace of mind and you don’t want to buy a new snow blower in the following years, then consider the features offered by Briggs & Stratton 1696610.
- 3 years full warranty for the engine & parts
- Equipped with an electric start
- Comes in two sizes: 208 cc and 250 cc
- This unit is equipped with an advanced friction disk drive system
- 24-inch wide and 20-inch deep clearing path
- 5 foot-pounds of torque
- 12” steel scroll auger
- Manual chute control
- Equipped with a Briggs & Stratton 950 Snow Series Engine
- Weight: 184 pounds
- Dimensions: 43 x 26 x 56 inches
The Briggs & Stratton 1696610 is a fairly good snow thrower that does its job as good as it can. Despite the obvious mechanical flaws, this unit can prove to be a genuine helper if you are dealing with heavy snowfall, ice or even small rocks.
Needless to say, this snow blower is made to last. Briggs & Stratton is a world-renowned company with over a decade experience in outdoor power equipment. They are known for their efficient, high-quality and reliable products.
Thanks to the 3-years warranty, you gain the peace of mind that the unit will be repaired or replaced if it sustains damage from overuse. Use it as much as you can, and even give it to your neighbors, and maximize the warranty offered by Briggs & Stratton.
- Extremely easy to install, as the big parts are already in the package
- Extremely easy to use thanks to the electric start
- The three-years warranty makes an excellent incentive to buy this unit
- The Briggs & Stratton 1696610 is a snow thrower that comes equipped with a multitude of features: rotating arm, headlight, possibility to change the snow throwing angle, variable speed, and the list goes on
- The gearbox is made of durable aluminum, while the steel frame, auger and chute can easily accommodate hard snow, rocks and ice.
- The chute is not properly designed to stay in place
- It might be a little tricky to use, as the auger stops spinning when you take your hand off the handle
Briggs & Stratton Dual-Stage Snow Blower Set-Up
Video about Briggs & Stratton Dual-Stage Snow Blower Set-Up
Husqvarna ST224 Snow Blower
When it comes to features and innovation, Husqvarna is the king. Their new snow blower is designed in such a way as to surprise users with its ease of use, utility, and innovation. The ST224 has been specially designed for homeowners, having in mind their specific needs and challenges.
Want to find out more?
Keep reading the features of the Husqvarna ST224 Snow Blower and discover why this particular product might be exactly what you need.
- High-performance snow blower
- Adjustable handle height for improved ergonomics
- Electric starter
- Equipped with powerful headlight for nocturnal operations
- Weight: 240 pounds
- Dimensions: 35 x 28.5 x 52.25 inches
- 1-year full warranty from the manufacturer
- Equipped with ribbon auger and friction disc transmission
- 15-inch tires
- 7-liter tank
The Husqvarna ST224 is a unique snow blower that does its job regardless of weather or surface type. The advanced ribbon auger is perfect for clearing snow, while the friction disk transmission ensures smooth usage of the unit even during frost or hail storm.The remote deflector, 180-degree remote chute and heated grip handle all work together to provide you with a superior snow removal experience and to help you maximize the benefits offered by 2 stage snow blowers.
- Is equipped with heated handle grips, electric starter, LED headlight, friction disc transmission and ribbon auger
- Thanks to the adjustable skid shoe, this device works perfectly on any type of surface
- The ribbon auger is designed in such a way that it adds air to the snow, making the snow easier to absorb and to throw away. This also makes the device easier to clean
- The friction disk transmission allows for an easy speed changing, regardless of weather conditions
- Husqvarna ST224 comes with a lot of power
- Designed by Husqvarna, a well-renowned company that has been manufacturing power tools for decades
- Not the most innovative design ever
- Extremely heavy: at 240 lbs., this unit is heavier than most other snow blowers available on the market
YARDMAX YB5765 22"
In recent years, many coastal areas from Florida and California experienced heavy snowfall. If shoveling was the norm before, now homeowners who reside in these areas need a more suitable tool to deal with the snow. This is where YARDMAX YB5765 comes in, being a great alternative to the basic shovel.
Are you in great need of something better than a shovel?
Then keep reading to discover how YARDMAX YB5765 can help you tackle the heavy snowfall this upcoming winter.
- Very easy to start thanks to the 196cc recoil
- Features serrated steel auger that can slice through snow and ice
- 5 forward speeds and 1 reverse
- This unit is equipped with an aluminum gear case for increased resistance to impact
- Weight: 125 pounds
- Dimensions: 47 x 42 x 29 inches
- High-speed impeller for maximum snow throwing
- 0 HP with 298 cc electric start or 6.5 HP with 196 cc recoil start
- 2-year limited warranty for residential use or 90 days for commercial use
The YARDMAX YB5765 22" is probably one of the best snow blowers you can get in 2017. Offering a flawless combination of performance, practicality and price, this unit can meet basic needs and even exceed expectations.
While specially designed for residential users who live in areas with mild winters, this snow thrower could prove invaluable during a harsh winter with lots of snow and ice.Thanks to the embedded headlight, cup holder, easy-to-reach speed control and heated hand grips, removing snow becomes a pleasure, even during the harshest weather.
- Extremely lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Starts really quick and can be assembled in no time at all
- Quite affordable
- Perfect for residential homeowners who reside in warm states with mild winters
- Can easily cut through large mounds of snow
- Throws snow extremely far
- Extremely powerful for its price range
- Metal snow blower shoes
- Recoil start is not as good as electric start
Power Smart DB7103 Snow Thrower 24”
Despite being manufactured in China, this product comes with a full 2-years warranty for users in the United States. For its price, this unit is very good at helping you tackle all the snow that appeared overnight on your front yard, driveway or walkway.
So why is this unit on this list of fabulous snow blowers?
The reason is simple: the Power Smart DB7103 snow thrower is highly versatile, even in extremely cold weather. Thanks to the 6-forward and 2-backward speeds, you can maneuver it on any surface. The small clearing width of 24” and depth of 20” makes it the ideal unit for tight driveways or walkways.
Want to find out more?
- 5 HP engine at 208 cc for handling both snow and ice with ease
- Push electric button or manual starter, depending on your needs
- Unique design that give you a lot of space for maneuvering
- Weight: 180 pounds
- Dimensions: 41.7 x 26.3 x 54.7 inches
- Warranty: 2 years
Even though Power Smart DB7103 has many drawbacks and might break quite quickly, it is extremely reliable and is backed up by two full years of warranty.
Thanks to the electric start, 6 speeds forward and 2 backwards, the amount of time you can save with this unit is unbelievable. You can practically navigate through mounds of snow with ease and clear your driveway in no time at all.
- Multiple forward and reverse gears
- Equipped with a powerful headlight
- Very easy to assemble
- Instant start thanks to the electric button
- Great performance on narrow paths or driveways
- Hard to use during harsh weather, such as snowstorms or blizzards
- Might get clogged from time to time
- Not the cleanest and safest design ever: the motor is exposed to external factors
- No heated handle grips
- The snow ejection chute is not professionally built
- It lacks many of the features offered by other manufacturers in the US
Power Smart DB7103 Snow Thrower 26”
And the icing on the cake?
Well, this is one of the most versatile snow blower available on the market. Plus, it has a wider clearing range. You can clear out the snow from more driveways and sidewalks while saving precious time.
- Dimensions: 41.7 x 28.7 x 54.7 inches
- Weight: 184 pounds
- Warranty: 2 years
- 5 HP engine
- 6-forward and 2-backward speeds
Not much to say here. The Power Smart DB7103 26” is slightly better than the Power Smart DB7103 24”, but it comes with the same negative aspects and lack of features.
Nevertheless, this is a great choice for larger driveways and could prove to be one of the most versatile snow blowers you have ever purchased.
- The powerful 212 cc, 6.5 HP motor works excellent, enabling you to clear snow and ice with ease from large pathways
- You can clear up to 10 driveways and sidewalks with just a tank of gas
- Very easy to use
- It comes with no heated handle grips
- The snow ejection chute is not properly built and is not flexible
- Build and assembled in China
- It lacks many of the features offered by other manufacturers in the US
- Quite difficult to use and impractical during harsh weather
Yard Machines 24-Inch
Being equipped with 13-by-4-inch Snow Hog tires, 12-inch steel auger & impeller, and a powerful 4-cycle engine, the Yard Machines 24-Inch snow blower is a great machine that does its job at removing snow from any type of surface.
So what’s the catch here?
Well, the Yard Machines snow blower is so powerful that it can literally rip through compact snow and ice. Thanks to the 4-cycle motor and highly resistant steel auger, this monster can literally transform your impossible shoveling work into an easy venture. Piles of snow as high as 2 feet are child’s play for this powerful snow blower.
Got you interested? Read out more below.
- Equipped with 12-inch steel auger and impeller
- Light unit at only 218 pounds
- Dimensions: 43.8 x 32.2 x 26.6 inches
- Warranty from the manufacturer
- Equipped with 13-by-4-inch Snow Hog tires
- 4-cycle motor
- Loop-folding handle for easy storage
Yard Machines 24-Inch is a gas-powered snow thrower that does its job exquisitely. Thanks to its 4-cycle powerful motor, combined with 6 forward and 2 reverse speeds, driving this monster on your driveway or walkway is as easy as pie.
For heavy snow, there is probably no better solution than the Yard Machines 24-Inch snow blower. If you live in an area with heavy snowfall during the cold season, consider buying this unit.
- Thanks to the loop-folding handles, you can easily store this unit in your shed
- The snow hog tires work amazingly well on ice and in heavy-snow covered areas
- The 12-inch Impeller and Serrated Auger is made from stainless steel to quickly cut through icy snow or thick snow with filled with water
- Unfortunately, this snow blower from Yard Machines is non-carb compliant, so it can’t be sold in California
MTD Yard Machine snow blower maintenance & oil change
Video about MTD Yard Machine snow blower maintenance & oil change
DAYE DS24E 2-stage Snow Thrower
The chute of a snow thrower is a very important piece of equipment. It not just prevents snow from hitting the motor, but it also helps to eliminate snow faster. The DAYE DS24E is one of the few 2-stage snow throwers that is equipped with an all-steel chute. This is a big step forward in this industry, and probably something we will see more and more in the future.
Protection is the most important, right?
This unit is equipped with a heavy-duty frame and an all-steel, high-quality chute that work together to offer you outstanding stability and durability. DAYE DS24E is built to withstand the most severe storms and to protect your investment from any type of danger. You can have that confidence in this product.
- Weight: 200 pounds
- Dimensions: 36 x 24 x 35 inches
- Rapid-turn chute control for ease of maneuver
- Gasoline powered snow thrower equipped with a 208-cc engine
- Can tackle snow at 24” wide and 21” deep
- Reliable start, even at -20 degrees Fahrenheit
- Warranty offered by the manufacturer
The DAYE DS24E is a rough, bulky and powerful 2-stage snow thrower that is a suitable choice for areas with heavy snowfall and frost. This is one of the few residential snow throwers that can start at very low temperatures. Even during frost, you can use it to tackle the mounds of icy snow and to clear the driveways or walkways around your property.
If you don’t have time during the day, you can always use this unit during the night. The LED light is strategically placed to help you see ahead and to stay protected against potential obstacles or threats.
Moreover, remember that you can use this snow blower for under $1000 for as much as you like. The warranty covers any damage sustained over the period of winter.
- The LED light is powerful enough to enable you to work in the dark
- DAYE DS24E can start with ease at a temperature as low as -20 degrees Fahrenheit
- 12” auger and impeller that can easily cut through mounds of snow and ice
- Chute smartly placed to protect the motor from snow
- All-steel chute that is engineered to last a lifetime
- Auger blades might break if the unit is overused over a short period of time
- Not the best choice for areas with mild winters
Troy-Bilt Storm 2890
The Troy-Bilt Storm 2890 is a heavy snow blower under $1000 that is capable of handling an impressive amount of snow. At 243 cc, this 4-cycle electric start unit can clear pathways of 28” wide. You can use it to easily clear all of your driveways and walkways in as little as a couple of hours.
Are you in need of one?
- Dimensions: 30.75 x 48.63 x 34.5 inches
- Weight: 264 pounds
- Clears pathways 28” wide and 22” deep
- Is equipped with a powerful 243 cc that spawns power in 4-cycle intervals
- It features the all-wheels drive OHV noise guard to protect your ears against excessive noise
- Wireless chute rotation
- 6 speeds forward and 2 backwards
- Comes with a full 2-years warranty
- Equipped with reflective strips and in-dash headlight for safe nocturnal jobs
The Troy-Bilt Storm 2890 is an electric start snow thrower that is perfect for homeowners who live in areas with heavy snowfalls. If a standard 24” or 26” wide chute is not enough for your pathways, then this unit is exactly what you need.
This heavy-duty snow blower comes with 2 huge 15” x 5” tires that provide exquisite traction, even on ice. To top it all, thanks to the reflective strips and in-dash headlight, you can use it to clean your backyard or front walkways at night.
- Very powerful unit that can work for hours without interruption
- Gas-powered machine that puts less strain on the motor thanks to the 4-cycle motor
- It is backed by a 2-year full warranty, making it ideal for homeowners who are heavy users of snow blowers
- Extremely easy to maneuver thanks to the 6 forward and 2 reverse speeds
- The chute rotates extremely quickly and can be easily adjusted using the remote
- At 264 pounds and 30.75 x 48.63 x 34.5 inches this is one of the largest snow throwers you will ever encounter
- The engine is not as well protected as it should be
Troy-Bilt® Snow Thrower Testing
Video about Troy-Bilt® Snow Thrower Testing
How to Buy Best 2 Stage Snow Blower Under $1000
Buying the right 2 stage snow blower is not such a tedious task. Now that you know our selection of units under $1000, try to pick one that suits your needs and meet your expectations.We also advise you to keep reading in order to discover which device is the winner between the 10 listed above.
2 Stage Snow Blower vs 1 Stage Blower
At 1-stage or single stage snow blowers, the auger cuts through the snow and ice blows it into the chute and then out onto the grass or pavement. For 2-stage snow blowers, the wheels and other assisting mechanisms enable you to clear the slopes and larger areas.
In this case, the auger does not push the snow directly into the chute, but the motor fan pulls the snow from the auger and brings the snow inside the chute.
2 Stage Snow Blower vs 3 Stage Blower
A 3-stage snow blower is like a supercharged 2-stage unit.
It works exactly the same, but it includes an accelerator that draws the snow faster inside the chute and enables the auger to clear the snow quicker. This includes ice, heavy snow and wet snow.
Main Features of a Snow Blower
Most snow blowers are equipped with certain standard features. Here are 10 snow blower features that matter the most:
- Multiple speeds, both forward and reverse
- Chute controls
- Single-handed operation
- Heated handgrips
- Electric start
- Ease of maneuverability
- Wide impeller
- Airless tires (newer models)
How to Use a 2 Stage Snow Blower
Using a snow thrower is a breeze. Unpack it, fill the tank with fuel (in case it requires gasoline or gas to run), install the skid shoes, scraper blades and shear pins, and you are ready to go. Just clear the driveway or sidewalk from any large objects and dress well enough for the weather outside.
What is the Best Time to Buy a Snow Blower
In September and October, the prices begin to soar, while the selection diminishes. Prices are at their highest in November and December. The worst selection is in January and February, and the prices continue to remain high.
Weight and Size
As a rule of thumb, every single snow blower comes with a minimum of 1-year warranty. Some models come with 2, even 3 years. An extended warranty gives you peace of mind that your investment is secure should your device break down.
- Change the oil regularly
- Check the skid shoes and scraper bars
- Inspect the belts and replace them if necessary
- Tighten the bolts
- Replace the shear pin
- Replace the starter cord
If you are dealing with a lot of snow during the winter, or you are expecting a winter heavy in snow, then it is imperative to buy a snow thrower
For starters, ensure that it comes with heated handles, a one-hand operation and a remote-controlled chute. Also aim for rough tires, headlight and wide impeller if you are dealing with a lot of snow.
So which snow thrower under $1000 is the best on the market?
It all depends on your specific needs. However, we chose Poulan PRO PR241 as the best 2 stage snow blower under $1000. This unit, in addition to looking simply gorgeous, offers excellent maneuverability, comes equipped with a powerful motor that lasts extremely long in time, and is manufactured by an innovative company.
For all these reasons, we believe that the Poulan PRO PR241 is the best all-around buy for any homeowner, regardless of how mild or severe winter you experience.